Project Finally Completed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project Finally Completed

Finished spraying stand with two coats of Deft lacquer clear gloss. Color of stand almost matches clock. In time as the cherry ages the color will darken and should all look the same. Now on to a new project.

James (Huntsville, TX.)

A great looking Dom Clock James.
    Well done.
    Mike M
    SD Mike

Comment

James

Listen a snack table to display this is not going to cut it so here is the next project.

You really did a fine job with it. Where are you going to display it or are you selling it???
      John T.

Comment

James,

Beautiful!

Comment

Beautiful. Absolutely incredible..... I'm tipping a beer to your work as I type ....
          ‎"Orphans are easier to ignore before you know their names. They're easier to ignore before you see their faces. It's easier to pretend they're not real before you hold them in your arms. But once you do, everything changes."

D. Platt

Comment

Project Finally Completed

Thanks everyone for the kind words. You all make the time and work involved worthwhile. I see a lot of very good projects displayed on this site which proves what high quality work everyone is doing. Let me see more pictures of everyones work. Thanks.

James (Huntsville, TX.)

Comment

That is a beautiful piece of work. Congratulations!!

Comment

WOW!! That is a beautiful project!!
                May I ask how long it took??
                Theresa
                Theresa

http://WoodNGoods.weebly.com

http://woodngoods.blogspot.com

Comment

Time involved

Theresa,
                  I have an approx. accumulation of almost 250 hours in the clock and stand. Approx 1/3 of the time was required to resaw, plane, sand and glue up the wood. The scroll sawing was the easy part. All the wood was prepared from 5/4 rough sawn wood. I purchase (+/- a few feet) 300 BF of cherry,(100 BF each of) walnut, and maple from a local saw mill in North Carolina and mill my own. This way I can cut material cost by 2/3 on the price of the wood and I get a lot more sq ft of wood to use in clock making or anything else. This way I don't pay for the wood that has been cut away during milling if I bought it at a supplier.

James (Huntsville, TX.)

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X