Signing your work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Signing your work

i was wondering how many of you scrollers sign your work and, if you do, what do you use? thanks.

I've got a stamp that says: "Whimsical Woods by Fred Baginski" that I use on the pieces it will fit on.
    My handwriting is so bad that if I used a pen people might think I was a doctor!
    Fred

There's a fine line between woodworking and insanity, I'm just not sure which side of the line I'm on!

Comment

I use a hot iron. I had it made with my name and Hand crafted by on it.
      John T.

Comment

I use a ball point pen before putting on the clear finish coat. A stamp wouldn't be considered a signature on the art or antiques market. Of course when it's an antique I'll be past caring, and as to art...well. I do think it means something to some customers to have a real signature.

Comment

If you have a woodburning set you can use a writing tip to burn
          your name or initials on your work.
          Bill
          Delta P-20

Comment

I also used a stamp.
            "Procuced with Pride
            by Mike"
            SD Mike

Comment

I use an ultra fine point sharpie between coats of finish.

Kevin
              Kevin
              Scrollsaw Patterns Online
              Making holes in wood with an EX-30, Craftsman 16" VS, Dremel 1680 and 1671

Comment

I also use a fine point "Sharpie" of either black or brown between coats of finish. I also put the name of the project (if it has one), my signature and date on the back of the plywood or whatever.
                Moon
                Old Mooner

Comment

sharpie for me as well
                  Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

signing my work

I use heat to transfer a photocopy of a logo.
                    The photocopy is in reverse, The ink comes out the right way when it is transferred.
                    The wood has to be smooth.
                    CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
                    "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
                    Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

I have always signed my scroll saw work because when I'm done I am very proud of my accomplishments. On larger projects I have a large stamp that I heat with a torch. On my smaller projects I use a woodburning tool with a fine writers tip. I burn in the following: Hand Crafted By: My name, my addresss, my phone number and the date. I also lay one of the blades that I used in the project below my name and then put a generous bead of Contact cement over it so that the new owner of the plaque or project can see partially how the item was made. (everyone always comment on how small my blades are that I used. )

Dick
                      Practice Doesn't Make Perfect! Perfect Practice Makes Perfect!

Comment

Awesome suggestion on the blade. I often wondered what should be done with old blades.
                        CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
                        "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
                        Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Signing your work

I started signing my intarsia work a few years ago. I desigend a Logo and reversed the image and printed several copies onto one sheet . Made copies on a Xerox copier. And when I need one it cut it from the sheet.
                          Then I sand the backing board very smooth, then tape one edge of the cutout logo and use a small iron to re-heat the ink. ( Press firmly ) The ink transfers right onto the wood surface and you can lift it off (gently, leaving the tapeed portion attached to be sure all of the logo 'printed' to the wood. After the logo is applied I let the surface cool and then apply a finish. The ink will NOT run or bleed.
                          Jack Labor - Elmwood Intarsia

Comment

I use a ultra fine Sharpie and put my name and the year like 06 and not the whole 2006 . I sometimes don't sign my work-depending on what it is -like a cross but I have one lady that insists that I sign what ever it is she gets.why I don't know but I figure that if it has my name on it then it is the best I can do..maybe it does make me try harder to be perfect on my pieces but heck -- thats just me.
                            Sharon

Comment

Phanton--I have a lazer copier--would that work for like you are talking about?

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• jim_mex
                                Reply to Home remodeling update - 28 August
                                by jim_mex
                                24 Oct - Home 'make-over completed!!!

Hi again all – time flies when you are busy and Norma and I have certainly been that the past couple of months since we embarked on our home 'total make-over' project but the good news is the work is now complete and we spent the past week moving back
                                Today, 12:39 PM
                              • scrollerpete
                                Reply to Dog Puzzle - Aussie
                                by scrollerpete
                                You did a fantastic job Denny, I’m sure you will have an happy customer...
                                Today, 12:33 PM
                              • Sandy Oaks
                                Dog Puzzle - Aussie
                                by Sandy Oaks
                                This is a custom order request. The pattern is by Harvey Byler purchased from WoodCraftByScott.com. I enlarged the pattern by 10%. Cut at home on the EX21 using FD UR #5 blades. The wood is Poplar approximately 7" x 9". Sanded with the Sand Flee and dipped in Shellac diluted 50% with...
                                Today, 10:43 AM
                              • Rolf
                                Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                                by Rolf
                                Quartz. What are you not certain of?
                                I needed to make a couple of custom sized Octagonal replacement windows, I wanted the most precision. I don't remember where I bought it. If I had seen the bi-directional Incra 1000 I probably would have bought it instead. With the 2000 you have to choose...
                                Today, 09:08 AM
                              • Rolf
                                Reply to Carved Fretwork Pumpkin
                                by Rolf
                                Love every bit of it! The lighting really makes it pop. Would you mind sharing the source for the lights that you used?...
                                Today, 08:55 AM
                              Working...
                              X