Cut out Names

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cut out Names

I have lost track of a Canadian site that offered plans and a neat featureof making names. Type in the name and po a name to cut out. Seems he got sick, retired, moved away, but this feature is not available.. I think the chap who ran the site was Svoboda, Frank. Has the site been restablished. I've looked for a link, but don't have anything from there with the site name. Obliged to all who help. Be well
    divad

divad

divad. You should get this. Not cheap but worth every cent.
    I would not want to be without it.

http://globalsoftcorp.com/WoodTrax/wtPro.html
    Fred

Comment

Nameplates and word art

I use software from a company called Serif. They have free software,
      You can get some great effects, Throw in some clipart and you get a nice name plate.
      All you have to do is select your font, adjust the spacing between the letters and print it out.
      Attached Files
      CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
      "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
      Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

CS,

Which one of the free programs do you use from serif. They have several.

Fred,

is it user friendly?

I'm a real computer illiterate..
        Last edited by wood-n-things; 11-22-2005, 02:05 PM.
        "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
        Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

I use them all!
          The one best suited for this would be PagePlus SE.
          I have one I bought from them with more features.
          The software is very user friendly, they have great tutorials and good support.
          You can upgrade from the free program to a full blown release of the software, for $9.99, and they throw in a free VGA digital camera.
          Not a bad deal.
          The draw program would work too but it is not as easy to use.
          CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ

Comment

Thanks for the feedback...

I really want to get to the point I can quit pestering my pattern making friends...
            "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
            Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

But then we would have so little to look forward too
              Not pestering. All questions on here are good. As for the answers......you have to sort those out yourself!
              CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ

Comment

If you have Microsoft Word look at Artword

If you have Microsoft Word take a look at the Artword function. I've just started playing with it since someone (sorry, don't remember who, but thanks) on this message board mentioned it. It has options for arranging letters in literally hundreds of different ways. And if you already have Word it's free because it's part of the package!

Dan

Comment

How do you find artword? I have MS word here at work, and can't find any artword option?

Thanks
                  Matthew

Comment

One place where you can do that online is at http://www.xcelco.on.ca/~pec/index.html

SAW also has a program that will do the very same thing, but it is only available to SAW Members. If you are a member of SAW you can log into the Members section and then click on tools. Pattern Generator is the link that you want.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Did you try the gallery section which is the last button on the top.
                      John T.

Comment

Free lettering on MS Word

The function on Word is 'WordArt'. It lets you use any font and just print with the outline of the letters or any number of other things. Go to View, Toolbars, WordArt and play away.
                        Jolly

Comment

WordArt

Oops, sorry, I reversed the Word and Art. Thanks for setting it straight.

There's probably more than one way to enable it, but I clicked on "Tools", then clicked on "Customize", and then checked the WordArt box. You should now see a tilted letter "A" on a toolbar. That's WordArt.

Dan

Comment

Thanks to fretnmore for the link and thanks for the Word Art info. Thanks to Canadian Scroller for the product info which I will look at. Hope to have more time available for this site after 01.01.2006. Thanx.
                            Be Well

divad

Comment

WordArt

Originally posted by urband
                              If you have Microsoft Word take a look at the Artword function. I've just started playing with it since someone (sorry, don't remember who, but thanks) on this message board mentioned it. It has options for arranging letters in literally hundreds of different ways. And if you already have Word it's free because it's part of the package!

Dan
                              Dan, have you found any tutorials or MS Word Help topics that discuss letter spacing? Both vertical and horizontal?

I have played with the 'program' several times over the years and have yet to discover the way to change character spacing.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X