CA Glue's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CA Glue's

Are all CA glues the same? I had some Loctite band that held some wood projects together just fine. And then I had gotten some "dollar store" variety type that did not work well, either the gel or the drops...Is it me or are some of them inferior? Does anybody know a good one to use? Thanks Bob.
    Be the good,
    you want to see in the world...

Hot Stuff CA glues are very good. Most CA glue has a shelf life so old ones may be your problem.Here is a supplier of the Hot Stuff brand
    http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/ca...adhesives.html
    Fred

Comment

I agree that Hot stuff is good stuff.
      You may be able to pick it up at a local Hobby Shop.
      It is commonly used in the building of flying model airplanes.

Comment

I believe that they are all pretty much of the same quality but shelf life is the main factor and there is no way for us to determine how long since the stuff has been mfg'd! I use the dollar stuff all the time and would rather waste a lot that I didn't pay much for! But I will not buy the cheapest which might have 6 tubes for a dollar if the stuff is in one of those flea market deals and been out in the sun countless times for months or weeks on in. about the time you get the stuff home it locks up right in the tube! in the craft stores tho there is no way of knowing how long the stuff has been hanging there at 2-3$ a tube!
        Last edited by 4whlstee-er; 10-13-2005, 10:17 AM.

Comment

I'd like it if the very small Wal-Mart etc tubes would work. I get a little weary of paying $xx per ounce for CA and having half of it go bad on me...on it could be a reason to do more scrolling......Greg

Comment

I use Starbond in 2 oz bottles. I just finished a bottle I bought last year. It stays in the garage and still holds my fingers together REAL good! I just wipe off the neck and replace the top when I'm done. My spare bottles are kept in the refridgerator.
            Fred

There's a fine line between woodworking and insanity, I'm just not sure which side of the line I'm on!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X