Engine 86

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine 86

I am in the process of cutting Engine 86, a railroad steam engine pattern by Jeff Zaffino in the September 2005 Creative Woodworks & Crafts magazine. I am looking for ideas as what to use for a backer board and what to frame it with. I usually make my own frames. The pattern is 11 X 14, I am cutting it out of a 12 X 15 piece of Finnish Birch plywood. Thanks, Mick.
    Mick, - Delta P-20

A smile is a small curve that straightens everything out.

Something like that needs a black background hands down. You can use felt board or a piece of laun or baltic birch plywood painted black but it has to something with no grain. Or if you go to a craft store you will find two things and either works well. It is a foam board you can paint black (My choice) or heavy construction black paper but will need a piece of something behind it to give it support. Michels is a big craft store, as well as AC Moore, or Treasured Island. Good luck and want to see a photo when done.
    John T.

Comment

John T. Thanks for the ideas, probably will go with the luan painted black to give it more support. Will be awhile before I get it done, over 700 cuts. Took awhile just to drill all the holes. Most difficult one I have cut so far. Keeps me out of mischief though. Some rainy days coming up so will get more done if I can't golf. Mick.
      Mick, - Delta P-20

A smile is a small curve that straightens everything out.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
      X