Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scroll Saw Hurricane Relief Efforts

How can you help?

Mike Williams, a Scroll Saw Instructor in Mobile Alabama, and resident of Lucedale Mississippi, had a great suggestion based on his observations as a relief worker on the Mississippi Gulf Coast.

We are asking Scrollers, Scroll Saw Pattern Designers, Woodworkers and anyone else who wants to help to create and ship Wooden Toys and Puzzles to the Children whose lives have been impacted by Hurricane Katrina.

I know we have all helped in whatever way we can already, and now that most of the people down there have the basics taken care of. We thought it would be a great idea to use our talents to help occupy the imaginations of the children who have been devastated by Katrina. Toys and Games may help them focus on something other then the destruction that surrounds them.

What are we asking?

If you can cut a couple of puzzles, make some wooden toys etc. and send them to Mike he will help distribute them to the organizations that are providing relief efforts. Please keep safety in mind when cutting puzzles and toys please keep in mind who they are for. No small pieces and I would recommend unfinished unless you are absolutely sure the finish you use is safe, should a child chew on your creation.

If you are designer and would like to contribute some puzzle or toy patterns I will be happy to host them so people can download and cut them. I have also established a hurricane relief effort page on the message board of my site so we have a central place to communicate about our efforts.

For more information please visit: www.advancedscrollsawpatterns.com
    Thanks Jeff Zaffino
    Shadez
    Advanced Scroll Saw Patterns

I sent off some patterns I designed of animals to Mike. They were going to be for a Noah`s Ark but they dont take much wood and are easy to cut.
    If anyone wants to cut some animals for this cause I will be glad to email you the patterns.
    Thanks for bringing this to our attention Jeff.
    It is an awesome cause!
    Last edited by CanadianScroller; 09-17-2005, 08:08 PM.
    CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
    "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
    Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Can We Share

Carl~

Could we post the patterns on the Hurricane page so that other scrollers might be able to send some cuttings down to Mike. If so could you e-mail them to me, and I will get them posted with credit to you of course.

Jeff
      Shadez

Comment

Originally posted by shadez
        Carl~

Could we post the patterns on the Hurricane page so that other scrollers might be able to send some cuttings down to Mike. If so could you e-mail them to me, and I will get them posted with credit to you of course.

Jeff
        I put it here, you can put a copy on the Hurricane page. The more toys they get the better.
        Attached Files
        CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
        "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
        Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Thanks!!

Carl... Your genorosity is most appreciated!! Requests for patterns have been fairly large. I will post them there right away.

Again thank you for your support
          Jeff

Patterns have been posted to the site and links to them are working.... THANKS AGAIN
          Last edited by shadez; 09-18-2005, 01:27 PM. Reason: Patterns are now posted
          Shadez

Comment

I just talked with Dale Whisler of the Tri-County Scrollers here in Lancaster County, PA.

The group is trying to put together a truckload of toys to take down to the kids by Thanksgiving time (so they have time to distribute to the kids before Christmas). So if you are in the Lancaster Tri-county area, you can hook up with Dale at [email protected]

Bob
            www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

Bob~

That is great news... I know Mike has already received several boxes of toys and is planning a distribution date sometime around the end of November.

If anyone else is interested in helping out there are about 20 patterns posted on my site that have been designed, or donated just for this cause. Including a reprint from Scroll Saw Workshop, a few patterns by Diana Thompson and several provided by Scroller LTD/The Winfield Collection.

Thank you all for your efforts
              Shadez

Comment

nice to no you care

hi' im from lake charles, louisiana and i hav to say we got hit bad
                with hurricane rita it blow the roof off my home bust my boat up and more.
                the tawn is not the same. i can post sum pictures if you like.

Comment

Here is one of the pictures I received. His house and evrything is gone he told me. I mentioned to him if there was anything any of us could do. He told me not for now.
                  Mike M
                  SD Mike

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X