RBI Hawk Closed???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RBI Hawk Closed???

I just bought one two weeks ago and am waiting for a project CD this is not a good sign
    Mary

Yes, heard they are closing their doors for good. Might be a good Idea to call them to get any needed info you need now while they may still have it.
    Hawaiilad
    Larry

Comment

guess i better call them i have had parts on back order from them
      Hegner

Comment

Please let me know if you get a hold of anyone. I tried to call yesterday and got the all circuits busy signal, then a recording that the number was no good.

I'm shocked that they didn't notify their customers that already purchased a saw. I LOVE my saw, but would like to order a few items to have on hand--if I can't get them later.........
        Diane

Comment

maybe we all need to get together drive down there and speak to them lol
          Hegner

Comment

Now THERE'S a plan!

I wrote a letter, hopefully they will still be answering mail. I should have made a note on the envelope "Payment enclosed" LOL They'd read it then!

I'll let you know if I hear back.
            Diane

Comment

You have a point there LOL
              Hegner

Comment

It's an unfortunate tradgedy of our times. But in some ways they had it coming to them. I found that rather than fix the root of a problem, they just sent replacement warranty parts over and over and over again. Perhaps that's why their equipment was so over priced in the first place. I'm looking at the bright side though. Now the parts on my G4 that break every 6 months can be replaced with better quality parts because I will be forced to have them custom manufactured. I'll be sure the person that builds my new parts uses better and bulkier materials. The spring on the G4 is not a heavy enough guage, so it breaks at least once a year. The fingers under the saw that hold the blade holder break twice a year. There's so much space under the saw that the fingers could be twice as thick and nobody would ever notice..except they'd notice it lasts forever this way! I won't ditch or sell my saw. It's a good design and functions great when you get past the little things.
                Oh..and replacing the spring on the back of the G4. There is a hole in the body to access the screw. There is a fancy chrome metal sticker and it covers the hole! You have two choices..dismantle the entire machine, or peal off the sticker. If you peal back the sticker, it get's bent and damaged. Oh..but no problem, they'll send you a new one for free. How rediculous..I drilled a hole through the decorative plate so that the hole has constant access. Why would they not do that rather than constantly replacing the plate which can't be cheap to do. I told them this fact many times..they just ignore it. What kind of Engineer's they hiring...Locomotive engineer's? I'm just a dumb trucker and I think I have more common sense than those guys as to how to run a business.
                Jeff Powell

Comment

RBI HAWK company

Hi has anyone heard any New news about this company And where we that own Hawk scroll saws might get replacement parts? This isn't a very good way to leave your regular customers or any of your new customers standing without a phone number or posting on some of the scroll saw web sites letting customers know what has happened and what phone numbers to call if you have ordered a new Hawk scroll saw or parts from them or any other materials. They at least could use some common courteous and let customers and other people know what is going on and a phone number or address to write to if you have order a Hawk Scroll saw from them or repair parts or other things from this company. They need to remember that it is people like us that has kept this company in Business for all these years.
                  sigpicDeb Adams [email protected]

Comment

I think this explains it pretty well. You can go to the auction on the 16th and buy what they have left. Other than that the company looks like it is going to be gone forever.
                    Missouri Auction Guide, Upcoming Sales across the state for auctioneers of farms, antiques, real estate, construction, trucks, art and collectibles. Many other auctions sale in the Midwest and Southern Plains, High Plains, Kansas, Oklahoma, South Dak
                    Rick Hutcheson
                    http://www.scrollsaws.com

Comment

Thanks for the link Rick, If they were closer I would go and pick through the carcas.

Jeff,
                      I see that poor engineering on all sorts of equipment. at all price points.
                      And with all of the labor cutbacks trying to get tech support can be very challenging.

I have had my saw for 4 years and never broken a spring or the clip underneath?
                      And yes I do use my saw alot.
                      Last edited by Rolf; 03-11-2009, 11:29 AM.
                      Rolf
                      RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                      Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                      Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                      And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Rbi Hawk Wood Working ?

Has anyone heard anything more about them?
                        The recording on there nontoll free phone number still says call the 16 Tomorrow. We shall see I am not getting My hopes up
                        Ron
                        I won,t tell you what I don't know

http://www.scrollsawer.com/gallery/s...0/ppuser/13539

Comment

Good luck with getting some answers tomorrow Ron!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!!!
                          Cathy in NE

"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." - Anonymous

Comment

Well I got the same recording as it has been. I went back to the bank and talked to some big wig there and he said there is nothing they can do because I authorized the transaction. So I called The Missouri Attorney General and filed a complant. I asked the lady If I would ever get My money back. She said that is what they are there for.
                            I am just writing it all off as I got *^%*. I just can't think about it anymore
                            Again if anybody hears anything please let Me Know
                            Ron
                            I won,t tell you what I don't know

http://www.scrollsawer.com/gallery/s...0/ppuser/13539

Comment

Rbi

If you go towww.woodmagazine.com click on forums go to scrollsawing. There is a very intense discussion on this subject.
                              Last edited by B Smith; 03-17-2009, 09:04 PM.
                              Smitty
                              Dewalt 788

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                                Reply to Phone call from son.
                                by will8989
                                Talked to him yesterday after he was coherent. Very fortunately, it was dc current. He said ac current and would have ended differently. And it wasn’t a house. It was a converter box in a marina located on a deck cut into a 20’ high steep bank. They had to climb a ladder to get to it. And they were...
                                Today, 10:53 PM
                              • garryatpa
                                Reply to A Bear In The Woods
                                by garryatpa
                                Wow!!!! That is beautiful. Super job of sawing. If I worked it out correctly it took you less than a minute for each opening especially when I look at the amount of time it would take to saw the outline of the bear. Garry
                                Today, 10:43 PM
                              • meflick
                                Reply to Phone call from son.
                                by meflick
                                Glad to hear your son is fine Betty but what a scary thing.
                                Today, 01:10 PM
                              • meflick
                                Reply to Hello from Central Florida
                                by meflick
                                Welcome to the forum from another Tennessean....
                                Today, 01:04 PM
                              • John Smith
                                Reply to Hello from Central Florida
                                by John Smith
                                Thanks guys, I have a lot of HDU left over from my sign business in various thicknesses.
                                HDU doesn't "fuse" or repair itself under heat or friction. Only acrylics and some PVC materials do that. Depending on what part of the world you are in, you would have to google HDU Distributors...
                                Today, 10:01 AM
                              Working...
                              X