Free Patterns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Patterns

Can an admin add a fourm for free patterns?

Okay so I'm dense -- what kind of thread ? I love free patterns - they are the best kind --lol if you figure out where you are going to put them let us all know so we can "sticky finger " them
    Sharon

Comment

All I can say is that SSW work has a lot of free patterns in their magazine.

Mike M
      SD Mike

Comment

I wouldn't consider the patterns in SSW "free." You do need to buy the magazine.
        There's several groups on MSN Groups that have tons of free patterns (there's a couple that that's there sole purpose). I'm surprised Mike and Sharon didn't mention them as I know they both belong to them.
        I have a bunch of patterns as well (of my own design) that I'd be more than happy to share, there's pics of the ones that I've cut in my album and if you're looking for something in particular, let me know and I'd be happy to share if I've designed it.

Kevin
        Kevin
        Scrollsaw Patterns Online
        Making holes in wood with an EX-30, Craftsman 16" VS, Dremel 1680 and 1671

Comment

Putting "free" patterns into one forum might not be a good idea due to copyright laws. If you check in the front of the magazines, you'll find text similar to: "Note to Professional Copying Services
          The publisher grants you permission to make up to ten copies for any purchaser of this magazine who states the copies are for personal use."
          That one's from SSW. Other magazines will be similar and some designers will put a restriction on how many items you can make to sell or give away, then you are SUPPOSED to buy another copy of the pattern. Some will tell you that you are free to make all the items you want but not to sell, trade or give away the pattern. I didn't say this but I have a copier in my office, a blueprint size copier in the front office and a boss who learned how to scroll from me.
          Copying free patterns and posting them on another site could also be copyright infringement unless you have the permission of the original designer. They might want you to visit their site to get the patterns.
          I think that if anything, you could post a picture of an item you made and include the link to the site without having any problems, unless it comes from that "other" magazine with the free pattern insert!
          We need your input Bob.

That's my take on the subject.
          Fred

There's a fine line between woodworking and insanity, I'm just not sure which side of the line I'm on!

Comment

That's why we've been avoiding a section for free patterns. It's already been said that there are several other forums out there for free patterns--we just don't have time to moderate the whole forum to make sure there are no copyright infringements...because in the end, SSW is the one that is responsible for it since it is posted on our board!

SSW does offer some free patterns...check the link in the left column. And I don't mind people sharing their origional patterns, but that is what e-mail is for <grin>

Hope this helps!

Bob
            www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

Woodbutcher, by free patterns I was thinking those that we ourselves have designed. I'm happy to share those. I wouldn't think of posting other's patterns on any forum.

Kevin
              Kevin

Comment

I can totally understand that! But our concern is that if we start a thread such as this, we have to moderate it to make sure that no copyrighted patterns did make it onto the board. Under copyright law, SSW, as the administrator of the site, has ultimate responsibility...and I'm already behind on my deadlines without taking the time to research all the patterns posted!

If you want to scroll something out, post it in the readers gallery and say something like "If you like this pattern, please Private Message me and I'll e-mail it to you," that's fine, but I can't start a thread that is just ALL free patterns.

Bob
                www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

Besides, if you've got new and original designs, you should be submitting them to our design contest! I've updated the origional thread about the contest wiht some of the prizes available--such as an Excalibur EX21, a Sand Flee and Flying Dutchman Blades!!!!!

Bob
                  www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

Can you e-mail me the location of the fox????
                    Fred

There's a fine line between woodworking and insanity, I'm just not sure which side of the line I'm on!

Comment

Geez, you still haven't found the fox?
                      Todd

Hawk G4, Dremel 1800

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

I think I just found it!
                        Fred

Comment

I think the fox was stopped at the border!
                          I have read cover to cover and it still elludes me.
                          Although when I went camping last weekend I was visited by a skunk!
                          CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
                          "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
                          Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Bob,
                            I think our posts crossed on the way in. Perhaps I wasn't clear, I'd be happy to share my patterns if someone either e-mails or sends me a private message. Didn't mean to imply that I would post them here. My apologies for the confusion.
                            As for the design contest, well, I'm also realistic, I'm sure that whatever does win won't be a portrait type pattern which is what I currently have. I do have a couple of ideas for something that might work, but with 10+ shows in the next 3 months, it's just not high on the priority list to get done at the moment.

Kevin
                            Kevin

Comment

Here's a couple that might help
                              http://groups.msn.com/FreeScrollsawPatterns
                              http://groups.msn.com/absolutelyfreescrollsawpatterns
                              Fred

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Rolf
                                Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                                by Rolf
                                Back in the late 90's I bought a Incra 2000 Miter gauge. Incredibly precise. The problem was that it only adjusted in one direction, It rarely gets used. It locks in to half degrees. More recently I bought a Kreg fence which has a pin that precisely locates the frequently used angles.
                                That is...
                                Today, 08:15 AM
                              • Jimern
                                Reply to Farmers market "survey"
                                by Jimern
                                The crafters market here in Kerrville, TX is $25 per 10x10 spot per event. We sell 8 months out of the year, Jun/Jul is too hot, and Jan/Feb is too cold. No insurance requirement but we do have to show a sales tax permit and collect sales tax.

Personally I would never sell in a venue that...
                                Today, 06:29 AM
                              • will8989
                                Reply to Farmers market "survey"
                                by will8989
                                The one I do is under a pavilion on County Property, about 60 spaces. They run 4 “seasons”, spring 6 weeks, summer May - mid September, fall sept to Mid November, and holiday fare Mid November until end of year. Cost is $75 per season, per day as they are open Saturday and Sunday. If you are called...
                                Yesterday, 11:10 PM
                              • will8989
                                Reply to Farmers market
                                by will8989
                                Ours are run by the state Ag Dept. They have very strict rules as to masks and distancing. The Ag Dept does come and visit to make sure rules are being followed. We stand behind the table and use the tailgate for packaging. I have people place their credit card in the reader on my phone and remove...
                                Yesterday, 10:31 PM
                              • tgiro01
                                Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                                by tgiro01
                                Linda - Here is my gimmick for the Incra 1000SE on my SS CNS. I scratched a line 3/4-inch in from the blade end of the fence. I then use a ruler to set that line 1-inch from the side of a carbide tooth on the blade. Then I line the 1-inch mark on the fence ruler to the scratch line.

Now,...
                                Yesterday, 09:38 PM
                              Working...
                              X