Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• n00b

Hi
    I am new at scrolling. i dont have a saw yet but im looking at a lower end delta. can you reccomend any books and or inexpensive sawa. i was also looking at the dremel scroll station.

First of many answers

I started with a Delta, it is a good beginners saw.
    I used one for many years with few problems.
    There are some great books out there.
    The Scroll Saw Workbook is available right here from Fox Chapel
    Scroll Saw Basics by Patrick Spielman is also a good book and also available here.
    CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
    "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
    Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Welcome to the greatest web site of scrollers in the world -- if you have any questions or problems by all means post them and we will all give you free advice ----
      Sharon

Comment

Check this out: http://www.mikesworkshop.com/newprod.htm Getting the book and the assrt. pck at the same time, you save $ 3.00 and free S/H.
        Check also the "Q & A" page. You can find a lot of good tips.

Mike M
        SD Mike

Comment

you are all so helpful are there free patterns?

Comment

The best "free" patterns I've gotten are from the magazines - Scroll Saw Workshop and Creative Woodworking and Crafts. SSW is the better of the 2 if you can only afford 1, but CWC comes out a few more times a year, and there is always a nice variety of patterns in both of them.
            There is also a "free Scrollsaw Patterns" group on MSN, I think. Type in free scrollsaw patterns in your search gizmo, and see where it takes you. I found that most of their free patterns were of the portrait or fretwork variety - and I like other sorts, so personally that was not too helpful -yet. As skill grows, so do interests.
            I hope you get your saw soon, so that you can join in the fun.
            Sandy

Comment

Check the links to various companies on the magazine websites and you will find several free patterns there. Try www.berrybasket.com to get their free pattern of the month, as well as some pretty good patterns for purchase. Try this link: www.scrollsawpatterns.net/patterns/index.php. This should get you started.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
                Reply to The new Circular Scroll Saw Designs book form Fox Chapel
                by Linda In Phoenix
                Some of the older books were that way too. It's unfortunate that the printers don't take into account what those pages are for! So sorry to hear of your disappointment. However, I will have to check out that book---I didn't even know there was a circular scroll saw designs book. Share some of...
                Today, 09:12 PM
              • Tom in Ashland
                The new Circular Scroll Saw Designs book form Fox Chapel
                by Tom in Ashland
                Many patters in it I like and I'm sure I will make several BUT Fox Chapel's printing of this book absolutely SUCKS. Most of the patterns are printed so near into the binding that it is impossible to either scan to .PDF or use a copy machine. I will have to cut out each pattern separately or cut off...
                Today, 08:08 PM
              • keystonecop
                Reply to Tough Decisions
                by keystonecop
                Great Question.. I have all the past issues.. I doubt that I find one pattern a year that is worth the subscription cost. I have cut for the magazine and made a few buck that covers my costs,, But I owe that to Bob Duncan.. I think the new admins try but are not involved in this group like bob was.....
                Today, 06:14 PM
              • KarlB
                Reply to Tough Decisions
                by KarlB
                " It rips my heart out when I go to estate sales and see my future."

I am sure you know how important and relevant that comment is Rolf! I have seen a number of scroll sawn projects over the years at garage sales, thrift stores, etc. I know whoever made them put in a lot of...
                Today, 04:02 PM
              • NC Scroller
                Reply to Having a Betty week UPDATED: See post 13
                by NC Scroller
                Thanks Betty for asking. Staples came out today. There are some internal stiches that will dissolve over time. Jane is still doing PT twice a week. The only normal activity, whatever she can tolerate, but she is not allowed to swim due to the risk of infection. She will still have to keep icing...
                Today, 11:52 AM
              Working...
              X