Turning Photo into Scroll saw Pattern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turning Photo into Scroll saw Pattern

Does anyone know of a program that converts photo's into scroll saw patterns?
    Thanks, Dave

Somewhere on this forum there's a link to a website that sells a pattern for pumpkin carving that will do it. Don't remember where that thread is but it's in here somewhere.

Comment

Drogers:

1st: Welcome to the site. I see this is your first post. I hope you like your visits.

Many here like Paint Shop Pro. PSP is now owned by Corel Draw people, but I think was previously owned by Jasic Corp. Google for Paint Shop Pro.

There are several other software programs like PSP which are Bit Map photo editor programs. This class of software does not perform automatic conversion from digital photo to scroll saw pattern. The complexity of the S/W allows for artistic options and choices. Some what steep learning curve, but with effort a do-able learning curve.

The http://www.meonapumpkin.com/index.aspx mentioned in pervious reply is reported on this site to be an easier program to learn on, but no where as powerful and flexible as PSP, or clones. (Notice the price difference also.)

There is also shareware program that can be downloaded which works on Linux as well as Windows. Seems to be a good functional program. Try http://www.gimp.org to find a download site.

Our friend Gill from England has posted (several times now) a link to a well written instruction tutor for PSP, but I cannot find the WEB link.

HTH

Phil

Comment

Hiya Drogers . Welcome on board.

I like PSP for creating patterns and the tutorial that Phil's referring to is here. There's also a very good (free) online course that tells you how to use PSP in more general terms here.

Gill
        There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
        (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

rapid resizer will also work but it does take someone with creativity to work with it

Comment

Gimp

So far, GIMP is working well for me. I purchased the instructions from Robert Kerry for Photoshop. The controls are close enough to where it works well. It takes a litte while at first to get a portrait ready to cut, but I'm hoping experience will win soon.

http://www.kerrysworld.com/

Brian
            ---Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• KarlB
              Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
              by KarlB
              Very nice Jim. You have a very contemporary look now! Since I do cabinet, Entertainment centers, etc. for my work I see a lot of the same looks being done here in Naples. (i.e. large porcelain tiles, lighted dropped ceiling)

I do like your use of the space in the door way for additional...
              Today, 09:41 PM
            • KarlB
              Reply to Craft Knife blade holder
              by KarlB
              Well judging from the photos, it looks like it could be a scroll or band saw. (The photos, although a bit blurred, show a few burrs at the cut.) It also appears the set screw may go into the other side of the cut as the hole on the blade would allow the pass through. Maybe, however it is just a pressure...
              Today, 09:31 PM
            • will8989
              Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
              by will8989
              Beautiful!...
              Today, 09:19 PM
            • will8989
              Reply to Big week here
              by will8989
              Bruce said he felt like he needed to look for a job when he first retired. That lasted for about a month and he hasn’t looked back since. I had a friend whose company gave him a 50th party. At the party he told them he was retiring in 2 weeks! Trust us, you will love being retired.
              Today, 09:09 PM
            • jim_mex
              Reply to New PC keyboard has an error
              by jim_mex
              Hi ibber - LOL!

I took the keyboard back to the store a while back and they hadn't got a replacement in stock. Since I like the look o it I think I am going to play attack it later this evening and try to sort out the problem.
              ingers crossed
              Today, 07:35 PM
            Working...
            X