First Clock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Clock

Here's a pic of the first clock I've attempted. It's been on the shelf for a while waiting for a clock movement. I finally bought a cheap one at Woodcraft yesterday and put it together. I'll get a nice movement for it one of these days and install some hands that fit!!!
    Attached Files
    If it don't fit, don't force it....get a bigger hammer!!

Thats pretty cool Neal.

I have a long way to go before I even think about getting into clocks.
    Todd

Hawk G4, Dremel 1800

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

I appreciate your comment Todd but believe me the clock could be a whole lot better. I sort of got in a hurry.........nuff said!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Neal Moore
        the clock could be a whole lot better.
        I wish my work could match your low standards! It's a lovely piece of work, Neal - well done.

Gill
        There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
        (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

Nice job

Good job Neal. My friend does a lot of clocks. I tease him saying he has too much "Time" on his hands.
          I did attempt the dome clock once. I even got the first two lavels done, but I wasnt quite ready, I used the wrong material. 1/8 Red oak veneer. I couldnt afford the blades, Mind you I didnt have FDs then.
          CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
          "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
          Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

It looks good, very good.

It looks good, very good.

Pedro.
            http://www.finescrollsaw.com

Comment

Neal

Why is it we are our own worst critiques?? I have checked your first clock out and give it a big thumbs up. Nice work on it for sure. May I ask one question though why did you put the clock face upside down??

Ha Made you look!!
              John T.

Comment

Very nice, Neal.
                Hope you don't mind that I show the one I made some years back. I bought the horses at a store and a friend made the harnesses.

Mike M
                SD Mike

Comment

I don't think he minded you showing the one you made years ago Mike, but having all the ribbons hanging off of it might have been over the top. (kidding)

Neal you did just fine on that clock, remind me here...but aren't you the one always telling me and others to not be so hard on ourselves? We both need to ditch the military mindset that everything has to be perfect. Ya' done good buddy!
                  Todd

Hawk G4, Dremel 1800

Comment

very nice looks well done to me .your's is not bad eather mike.

Comment

Actually I think Mike hid his little imperfections behind those ribbons...so that's how the pros do it!!
                      Todd

Hawk G4, Dremel 1800

Comment

Rivari, Mike and JT....Yep, we're our own worst critics!! As we should be I suppose. The average person will probably never see the little imperfections in a fretwork piece or a portrait that we do, but we know they're there!! I'll never lose the military mind set Todd. I lived and loved that life for too many years for it to ever totally go away. JT, before I got to the bottom of your post I had to go back and look at the clock to see what you were talking about...Yeah you made me look!!! Mike...Beautiful job!!! The horses and tack really compliment a fine piece of work.

Comment

Neal - Great job on the clock. I really like it.

Also, your segmented tiger portrait in SSW this month is awesome! Good ideas and great explanation. By the way, I've looked for the false tread molding and can't find it. Where do you get yours?

Thank you.

tom houff
                          arnold, md

Comment

Great job Neal, a tip from my photographer daughter. When taking a picture of your clocks always set the hands at 10 to 2 or 10 after 10. Have made 217 clocks but only one of them is scrolled. Made the America's Pride a couple years ago. Mick.
                            Mick, - Delta P-20

A smile is a small curve that straightens everything out.

Comment

False Tread Moulding

Tom....I used to get it from a local mill here in WV. called MCM Moulding, however, I stopped in last week to replenish my stock and was informed they no longer manufacture it. They did say they would do a special run if I would order 1000 feet!!!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
                                Reply to Shrink wrap systems
                                by Linda In Phoenix
                                I checked out www.ULine.com We used them years ago at the company I used to work at, and they were really reputable to work with. They have machines, guns, bags, and film. I just don't really know what works best, as well as if there is a really great priced to buy from. To date I've been a frugal...
                                Yesterday, 10:01 PM
                              • will8989
                                Reply to Dog Puzzle - Aussie
                                by will8989
                                Will check out amazon tomorrow. Thanks.
                                Yesterday, 09:53 PM
                              • will8989
                                Reply to Shrink wrap systems
                                by will8989
                                Well, I used to get my shrink wrap rolls from AC Moore, and just used the last roll😟. I use a heat gun but lately and only shrink the Sealife puzzles to keep the pieces in place. I only use it on puzzles because of my display board otherwise I would have broken pieces all over the place. Also easier...
                                Yesterday, 09:49 PM
                              • will8989
                                Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
                                by will8989
                                He’s gotten me through some pretty tough times and always has my back so It’s the least I can do. Good thing I had the freezer stocked! That has been a time saver. I made a pot of chili on Sunday and got 6 meals out of it! As for payback, I’m getting a new shed in the spring! I had to do my flap...
                                Yesterday, 09:32 PM
                              • will8989
                                Reply to Sundays market
                                by will8989
                                We did. I only went $40 over budget. I got a 73” x 12” x 3/4” curly cherry for $55. Just needs to be run through the sander and cut to size. It’s a pinkish cherry and is so pretty. A piece of deep red redwood, 2 pieces of walnut each about 12” wide. Good haul.
                                Yesterday, 08:56 PM
                              Working...
                              X