Your opinion is solicited!!??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your opinion is solicited!!??

I'm getting closer to being able to have a shop now. Close enough to begin to seriously think about which saw to buy. I've looked at DeWalt, Hawk, and Hegner at the shows. DeWalt is the best choice as far as money goes, but I'm still thinking/wanting the Hawk or Hegner. I've talked to both and they both sound good.

What do you folks who are experienced with them think as to which??

Thanks!!

Barney in NC
    Retired..... Most days!!
    PhD in grandkid spoiling
    Taking it as easy as I can in the Piedmont section of North Carolina

I almost went with RBI, but bought a DeWalt instead. I got mine 1 1/2 years ago for half of what the RBI would cost and I have no regrets.
    Fred

There's a fine line between woodworking and insanity, I'm just not sure which side of the line I'm on!

Comment

I upgraded from a Delta Q3 to a Hawk 226 several years ago and couldn't be happier. I had one little problem the first year which was handled very quickly and to my satisfaction. Saw runs very smooth which makes for hours of enjoyment. I just brought the Workshop clock from wildwoods design that I completed this past year home from our county fair with the Grand Champion ribbon.
      I also know others with the Dewalt saw and they are very satisfied also. I think we tend to be comfortable with whatever choice we make as long as it is a quality product. All of the saws listed are that in my opinion.

Comment

Don't forget the Delta P-20. Some have told me that it is heavier than the DeWalt. To hold the arm up on a DeWalt you most likely need an arm lift. I have seen some complains about the swith on the DeWalt. Email me, I might be able to get you the show price on the Hegner saw.

Mike M
        SD Mike

Comment

I've had my DeWalt for about eight years or so and it has produced over 500 jigsaw puzzles. This fall I may buy another one and use my old one as a backup. For the price (around $400) it can't be beat.

Carter

Comment

I wish I knew where folks were getting their Dewalts for $400. That being said, it is a great saw. After reading reviews and user feedback, I ended up with an Excalibur EX-30, I couldn't be happier.

Kevin
            Kevin
            Scrollsaw Patterns Online
            Making holes in wood with an EX-30, Craftsman 16" VS, Dremel 1680 and 1671

Comment

Amazon.com $429.00- free shipping. I paid $399.99 with the stand and light 1 1/2 years ago. If you look around, you'll find them.

Woodcraft had the at the show for $540.00 with the stand and light. Last year they were $399.00 and selling like crazy.
              Last edited by Woodbutcher68; 08-09-2005, 11:59 AM.
              Fred

There's a fine line between woodworking and insanity, I'm just not sure which side of the line I'm on!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
                Shrink wrap systems
                by Linda In Phoenix
                What do you use to shrink wrap, and what do you use it on? Lately in the puzzles section I've seen a couple of you mention shrink wrapping. I've considered such a leap. Even though the basics are all similar from manufacturer to manufacturer, it's still leaves some questions. Maybe others have...
                Today, 11:51 AM
              • Linda In Phoenix
                Reply to Sundays market
                by Linda In Phoenix
                Brrrr. Glad you got to sell a little. I miss the people interaction. A lot. I hope you found some pretty pieces of wood at the store!
                Today, 11:39 AM
              • Linda In Phoenix
                Reply to New tools
                by Linda In Phoenix
                New tools can definitely open up the scope of what we can do, or how well I'm on the band wagon. Congrats!
                Today, 11:36 AM
              • Linda In Phoenix
                Reply to Interesting pallet
                by Linda In Phoenix
                At work (like 15 years ago) we got in some aluminum sheet on pallets 4'x12'. Those pallets were like brand new, without even any discoloring from the metals. I asked our sales rep, and he said I could keep one pallet. I removed all the 4' boards, which measured about 1/2" thick, 4" wide...
                Today, 11:32 AM
              • NC Scroller
                Reply to Interesting pallet
                by NC Scroller
                I agree that needs to be saved for a special project. The wood is likely oak based on the grain pattern and the discoloration around the nail.
                Today, 11:30 AM
              Working...
              X