Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SharonW0111
    replied
    lol nope not a drop -- it all went straight up and boy i moved fast so the piece is good -- it is the one of the soilder on my homepage under pictures if anyone wants to look that can pull up aol -same name just hit profile -- and i know what jiggy you are talking about but my piece was to wide to put on the table to start with --I have a new BIG top on it now -- thanks tho

Leave a comment:

• sheltiecarver
    replied
    Sharon,
    I know what you mean about the SSI - I'm in the same boat.
    Do you have a Dremel (or one of the other-branded rotary tools)? You could possibly use it to do some of the edge sanding, and it is difficult (not impossible) to get hurt using it.
    You might need to get (or make) some gizmos for holding down your work without getting your fingers near the blade on the table saw - I forget the exact name of the gizzies, but they work to help you hold the work flat and flush, and to push the piece through the blade. I'll bet somebody else on this board will know the name, and they can probably give you a magic word to click and find out about them.
    Also, maybe you could lower your blade a bit - you don't need a whole lot of it showing to do a good job of sawing - and the less that is above your work, the safer.
    I hope you didn't get too much blood on your project - wood seems to soak it up like a sponge, and it's almost impossible to remove (don't ask how I know that!!)
    Safe Sawing!!
    Sandy

Leave a comment:

• SharonW0111
    replied
    Cool Beans--Thanks

I just checked your link for the jig and it looks like it will work just fine - funny thin is I made one similar to that to keep my saw from sliding on the table it sits on - it's metal and couldn't be bolted ....Thanks again I'll get on it and I owe you a hug - -

Leave a comment:

• CanadianScroller
    replied
    Crosscut sled

I think the safest way would be to have a crosscut sled.
    It could ride in the tracks that your mitre guage ride in.
    Not too hard to build but way more difficult if you cant use both hands too well.
    ScrollSawWorkshop had an article in the last issue with a jig like this
    Tablesaw Jig
    There are lots of plans on the net for similar jigs.
    Just type crosscut sled into your favourite search engine.

Leave a comment:

• SharonW0111
    replied
    First off I'll answer two people at once --er -three-- thanks dena for the sympthy -it's my badge of stupidity showing for all the world to see-- second spark , I don't have a circilar saw --couldn't pick one up if I did - thrid I don't have a band saw either.. I am trying to straighten out the edges of my pieces when I get ready to do my final sanding - I only have a palm sander by the way --I read somewhere that to make a 15* cut on the edge would be less sanding to make the edges smoother -- it worked great until I got a piece that was about 18 " and i got my finger in the way of a moving blade... dumb stunt wasn't it .. needless to saw I will not have the top nor bottom of that piece rounded -- lol. I do have a router in a router table but I really havent used on in so long the bits I have are with wheels on the end and they are new to me - in other words I dont know how ..I'll admit I don't have the good tools to work with but I am a disabled lady living on my SSI and I have to do with what I can -- I am hoping to get good enough to sell some of my work .. I use to be in business years ago before I got ill and now I am trying to do as I can to make ends meet..No sad story here - just the truth and I am proud to be able to get back to work some and get my teeth into sawdust again ...

Leave a comment:

• Old Mooner
    replied
    My, my, a 10 foot table saw is really a bit big. No wonder you cut your finger! Could you explain a bit more what you mean by finishing the big pieces? I generally use a band saw for trimming/cutting plywood, etc to size. I have a 10" table saw, but generally use it for miters, dadoes, etc.

Leave a comment:

• Sparhawk
    replied
    Well you can use a handheld circular saw, a straight edge and 2 clamps to cut really big stuff. I don't know if you have a circular saw or not though.

If you do measure the distance from the edge of the guide to the blade on the circular saw and use that distance to set up your straight edge on the board you want to cut. Then clamp it on each end. Then all you have to do is run the circular saw down it and you have your cut.

Hope all this makes sense and helps out.

Leave a comment:

• Dena F
    replied
    Sharon,
    I am sorry I can't help you with finishing you project, but I can tell you I am sorry you had a mishap. They are not funny and hurt like you know what. Hope you will be alright.

Dena F

Leave a comment:

• SharonW0111
    replied
    You would ask me a hard question -- it's just a 10' table saw sitting on top of a metal table .. regular size top -- 5 1/2 inches form the top edge to the begining of the saw blade ...i just measured it -- there are holes on the end of the top i can attach someting to but not the front ..

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    How large is your table and what are the dimensions of the piece you want to cut?

Leave a comment:

• SharonW0111
    started a topic Hey guys I need help !!!

Hey guys I need help !!!

Well I just became a full fleged member of the stubb family -- yeap I did it good too. Now I need someone to PLEASE figure a way I can use my 10' table saw for trimming the work I have finnished that is larger than the top.. without loosing the tip of another finger .. dont say use the guide cause this was to big for it ..good thing about it is I wont have to cut that finger nail now... I'll cry when the feeling comes back but right now I feel like laughing --lol anyway if you guys have a way to do the big stuff without any missing didgets let me know will ya,,,, thanks

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X