Canadian Scrollers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian Scrollers

are there any other scrollers from the maritimes here? i'm curious as to where you buy your wood. no one around here seems to supply wood in 1/8, 1/4 and 1/2 thickness and i don't have a bandsaw or planer. i'm getting tired of working with baltic birch ply. thanks.

Hay nova ya can't buy it here eather hade to buy the bandsaw . goin home nextweek can't wait to smell the salt air again.

Comment

here's a pic for you to look forward to. i took it last saturday at peggy's cove.

Comment

Nice picture

That would make an awesome pattern if you would allow one of us to cut it
        Hint Hint
        CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
        "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
        Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

what exactly do you mean? by all means go ahead.

Comment

Not sure if that is a camera effect but check the sky out. That is awesome.
            John T.

Comment

You can get hobby boards at most lumer retailers, but you can pay for a planer real fast buying it as hobby boards.
              Cheers
              Mike

PS: You can get a good planer now for $300 & up. A 1/4" x 6" x 3 or 4 ' runs about $14 Cdn. as an oak horry board.

Comment

Originally posted by jttheclockman
                Not sure if that is a camera effect but check the sky out. That is awesome.
                that was the first time i've ever been to peggys cove for a sunset. i've lived here for all of my 36 years and go down there at least 2x a year but always by day. i'll never go there by day again. it was so beautiful there my wife cried.
                here's another pic. i was actually leaving when i saw that view so i quicky stopped the car and snapped the above pic.

Comment

I will say this if you are a portrait designer you can be in heaven. I bet there are some fantastic views that can be captured. Wouldn't be bad to be a photographer also or a painter.
                  John T.

Comment

wow thats awsome

WOW that is awsome scenery -- almost makes me want to leave Texas -- when you guys get the patterns made rember me please with a copy

Comment

Makes me proud to fly the Maple Leaf
                      CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
                      "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
                      Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

me too...long live the true north strong and free! Great photo skills there...geez I can't take a nice shot like that if My life depended on it.

Comment

with scenery like that it's easy, just point and click.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                            Reply to Phone call from son.
                            by will8989
                            Talked to him yesterday after he was coherent. Very fortunately, it was dc current. He said ac current and would have ended differently. And it wasn’t a house. It was a converter box in a marina located on a deck cut into a 20’ high steep bank. They had to climb a ladder to get to it. And they were...
                            Yesterday, 10:53 PM
                          • garryatpa
                            Reply to A Bear In The Woods
                            by garryatpa
                            Wow!!!! That is beautiful. Super job of sawing. If I worked it out correctly it took you less than a minute for each opening especially when I look at the amount of time it would take to saw the outline of the bear. Garry
                            Yesterday, 10:43 PM
                          • meflick
                            Reply to Phone call from son.
                            by meflick
                            Glad to hear your son is fine Betty but what a scary thing.
                            Yesterday, 01:10 PM
                          • meflick
                            Reply to Hello from Central Florida
                            by meflick
                            Welcome to the forum from another Tennessean....
                            Yesterday, 01:04 PM
                          • John Smith
                            Reply to Hello from Central Florida
                            by John Smith
                            Thanks guys, I have a lot of HDU left over from my sign business in various thicknesses.
                            HDU doesn't "fuse" or repair itself under heat or friction. Only acrylics and some PVC materials do that. Depending on what part of the world you are in, you would have to google HDU Distributors...
                            Yesterday, 10:01 AM
                          Working...
                          X