Canadian Scrollers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian Scrollers

are there any other scrollers from the maritimes here? i'm curious as to where you buy your wood. no one around here seems to supply wood in 1/8, 1/4 and 1/2 thickness and i don't have a bandsaw or planer. i'm getting tired of working with baltic birch ply. thanks.

Hay nova ya can't buy it here eather hade to buy the bandsaw . goin home nextweek can't wait to smell the salt air again.

Comment

here's a pic for you to look forward to. i took it last saturday at peggy's cove.

Comment

Nice picture

That would make an awesome pattern if you would allow one of us to cut it
        Hint Hint
        CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
        "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
        Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

what exactly do you mean? by all means go ahead.

Comment

Not sure if that is a camera effect but check the sky out. That is awesome.
            John T.

Comment

You can get hobby boards at most lumer retailers, but you can pay for a planer real fast buying it as hobby boards.
              Cheers
              Mike

PS: You can get a good planer now for $300 & up. A 1/4" x 6" x 3 or 4 ' runs about $14 Cdn. as an oak horry board.

Comment

Originally posted by jttheclockman
                Not sure if that is a camera effect but check the sky out. That is awesome.
                that was the first time i've ever been to peggys cove for a sunset. i've lived here for all of my 36 years and go down there at least 2x a year but always by day. i'll never go there by day again. it was so beautiful there my wife cried.
                here's another pic. i was actually leaving when i saw that view so i quicky stopped the car and snapped the above pic.

Comment

I will say this if you are a portrait designer you can be in heaven. I bet there are some fantastic views that can be captured. Wouldn't be bad to be a photographer also or a painter.
                  John T.

Comment

wow thats awsome

WOW that is awsome scenery -- almost makes me want to leave Texas -- when you guys get the patterns made rember me please with a copy

Comment

Makes me proud to fly the Maple Leaf
                      CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
                      "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
                      Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

me too...long live the true north strong and free! Great photo skills there...geez I can't take a nice shot like that if My life depended on it.

Comment

with scenery like that it's easy, just point and click.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X