New to this - Is this piece made using scroll saw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to this - Is this piece made using scroll saw

I really love the piece of work (photo attached) and would like to make it myself.

I am wondering if the piece (the size would be about 3 feet x 2 feet) is made using scroll saw. If not, what technique you suggest?

Thanks in advance.

-ravi.
    Attached Files

imho it looks like the silouett cutouts from places like cherrytree.com or winfield.com

if the size is 2-3 foot. the material appears to be a smooth surface like mdo plywood or temper board/masonite then painted / airbrushed

cut out with jigsaw probobally becuse the throught of most scroll saws are only 16-18"

painting looks to be airbrushed in this photo and appears its sealed with thick poly or something like that

hope i helped some.
    thomp
    Dremel 1680 & Delta ss250 shopmaster

Comment

Ravi

Like it was mentioned it looks that piece was cut from a smoothe material but the thickness is hard to determine from the photo. As far as your question was it cut with a scrollsaw is also hard to say. It was done from one of 3 different methods because of the fret work which is not that involved so this makes it possible to use a jig saw or sometimes called a sabre saw., could have been cut with a hand fret saw sometimes called a coping saw, and final way would be with a scroll saw using spiral blades because you cannot spin 3 feet of material on anysaw. There are ways to do this but alot extra work involved. The work is in the painting that is for sure. If I were to guess I would say a jig saw was used. You can use any of the 3 methods I mentioned and hope to see pictures if you decide to give it a go.
      John T.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
        Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
        by Linda In Phoenix
        Sawstop instructions are some of the best I've ever worked with. Each part comes labeled with a letter to match instructions, hardware in color coded and labeled to match labels and colors in instructions. Full poster size instructions with pics in addition to manual instructions. Could only find one...
        Today, 09:57 AM
      • Rolf
        Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
        by Rolf
        So glad they were supportive, it is a bit disappointing that they had to be. But like any tool manufacturer they have to out source many of the components like the motor. At least the motor is mounted externally for an easy change. How true was the blade to the miter slots etc.
        I like the fact...
        Today, 08:34 AM
      • will8989
        Reply to Farmers market
        by will8989
        Steve posted it about 2 weeks ago. I just put out a small sampling of items to see what people are interested in. Seems to be everything! I did notice I had more credit charges than last year. But the ones who paid cash were the ones who paid $7 for a gallon of milk and $10 for a loaf of sourdough bread....
        Today, 08:17 AM
      • Sandy Oaks
        Reply to Farmers market
        by Sandy Oaks
        Way to go, Betty. Our farmers market does not allow craft sales.
        Today, 08:17 AM
      • Rolf
        Reply to Farmers market
        by Rolf
        Good for you! Who designed the small nativity?
        Today, 08:10 AM
      Working...
      X