Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polling all sawyers

I know we have had lots of fun on the forum discussing choice in saws
    I would like to know what saw users prefer. Some of you have more than one, just chose the saw you use the most
    Hegner
    8.93%
    RBI
    14.29%
    Excaliber
    1.79%
    Eclipse
    3.57%
    Dewalt
    30.36%
    Delta
    19.64%
    Dremel
    5.36%
    Ryobi
    7.14%
    Other
    8.93%

The poll is expired.

CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
    "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
    Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

I was selling at a craft show the other weekend and had one table of just scroll sawn items (the rest of the booth was my painting). I had a few gentlemen stop and talk sawing - and each of them wanted to know what kind of saw I had!!

T
    Theresa

http://WoodNGoods.weebly.com

http://woodngoods.blogspot.com

Comment

Dewalt

It looks like the dewalts are pulling ahead quite strongly.
      CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ

Comment

Gee I wonder why.
        John T.

Comment

I do wonder why?
          Dont sweat the petty things and dont pet the sweaty things.

Comment

What type of scroll saw

You didn't include excaliber-I doubt that the dewalt is an excalber rebadged as some have said. It looks to have the sme action,but....... I realize the high cost keeps the hegner ,rbi,excaliber out of reach for hobbists,but will add that beginner SHOULD try one of the best so it will sever as a standard. Mind you,I'm not stating which I think is best,which ever feels the best when cutting, is the saw to buy. PW

Comment

Originally posted by dtoggs
              You didn't include excaliber
              Take a closer look at the third option .

Gill
              There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
              (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

All in fun

This is all in fun, there are many demographics that are not taken into consideration, Just like real polls
                Income, availability, Location, the amount you use your saw.
                Tons of things to think about.
                I am surprised that there are only 42 votes as of this post on a site with hundreds of scrollers.......maybe the rest use hand powered fretsaws
                CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ

Comment

Gill

You mention take a look at the third option. Delta has about 4 different model saws out there. I am not talking size wise, models, The P20 is equivalent to the Dewalt 788. Also the Industrial "C " arm model. So not a good comparison.
                  John T.

Comment

You've lost me, John. dtoggs said there wasn't the option of choosing an excaliber, yet it's listed as the third option in the poll. That's all I was pointing out.

Am I missing the point? It wouldn't be the first time .

Gill
                    There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
                    (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

Carl did you vote more then once, I see four Ryobi votes?

I want to see the purple ink on some finger tips before I beleive this voting process.
                      Last edited by Rivari; 07-22-2005, 03:43 PM. Reason: I can't count
                      Todd

Hawk G4, Dremel 1800

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

I am not even saying how I voted. dont forget I have a Ryobi and a Delta>
                        CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ

Comment

I use a RIDGID

I first started out on a Ryobi. It was a big hunk of JUNK. My RIDGID has been GREAT!. I was suprised to see it wasnt on the list.
                          I tried that new EX21 at a scrollsaw picnic this year, and I have been saving my money since. I totaly loved it. Fantastic saw!
                          Once I get my Excalabur, I will pass my RIDGID down to my kids. My son 11, and my daughter 10 are great scrollers, and use the RIDGID. Its a good saw.
                          Randy
                          www.randyswoods.com
                          Randy Anderson
                          Intarsia Artist
                          Email: [email protected]

Comment

I had one of those Ryobi's that you are talking about. It weighed a ton, shook like a paint shaker and needed special clamps to hold pinless blades......
                            I had a very bad opinion on the Ryobi. Now I can see JT rubbing his head That being said, My dad had a Toyota in 1967, that literally fell apart while driving it through a car wash 6 months after he bought it. That brand of car has improved over the years, so has the Ryobi saw.
                            I won't compare it with the others. I think we dragged that dead horse around the block a few times. Right JT
                            To each our own and as long as we have fun on saw or off who cares
                            Originally posted by imascrollman
                            I first started out on a Ryobi. It was a big hunk of JUNK. My RIDGID has been GREAT!. I was suprised to see it wasnt on the list.
                            I tried that new EX21 at a scrollsaw picnic this year, and I have been saving my money since. I totaly loved it. Fantastic saw!
                            Once I get my Excalabur, I will pass my RIDGID down to my kids. My son 11, and my daughter 10 are great scrollers, and use the RIDGID. Its a good saw.
                            Randy
                            www.randyswoods.com
                            Last edited by CanadianScroller; 07-23-2005, 12:49 AM.
                            CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ

Comment

The Excaliber is listed as an option. Dewalt was originally made by Excaliber.

Gill

To answer your question at least I think it was a question. You said take a look at the #3 leader and at that time it was the Delta which I think you were getting at. My point is all other brands have different model numbers within their company but it is just a matter of size differences. The Delta has 4 different models and all are different construction. So when Delta is listed as a person's saw you do not know which Delta they are talking about The p20 is as good as the Dewalt and some say is even better. The C arm saw is one of the original scrollsaws and is still out there but is a different configuration than todays saws. The RYOBI which keeps cropping up has different models also but both are basically the same with a few bells and whistles difference.

I am not against people buying cheap saws for it helps keeps the economy going because they will buy more than one. My point all along is when the question of which starter saw is a good one I have to shake my head as Carl says because people want the quality of a $1000 saw in a $200 saw. Hey I want a Mercedes car at a Chevy price can't be. Even if this is just a hobby and not going to make a living out of it wouldn't you want to enjoy your hobby and not get frustrated because a saw vibrates across the floor or you have to be a contortionist to change blades because there are doors or buckets to remove everytime you have to change a blade. Someone wrote about the blower doesn't blow the dust well so the advise was to hook up an aquarium pump to it. Now that is frustrating. People ask the question over and over again and I will till the day I can not write any more recommend saving your money and look into the saws starting at $400 and get what you pay for. You will not be dissapointed. This is from someone with experience. This is all I am saying and I know Carl keeps trying to goad me into this topic and he does a good job of it.

Carl I hope you are getting enough info from this poll thing so you can write a synopsus of your findings and put this thing to rest.
                              John T.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X