edge glued panels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• edge glued panels

Wanting your opinions, good, bad, or indifferent about 1/4" edge glued panels used for scrollsawing.
    TIA

No problem people do it all the time. Use a good carpenters glue and glue properly and should never be a problem. Actually if you glue pieces 3 or 4" apiece you will prevent warping better. Also if you use quatersawn wood will help even more. If I am glueing up panel that will eventually be 1/4" I will make sure I start with about 3?8" and then sand down to 1/ 4" with my drum sander. Very handy tool in the scrollsaw business.
    John T.

Comment

I do it frequently, too. It makes life easier if you have good clamps that pull the wood squarely together. I've got some Besseys that seem to do the job quite nicely.

Gill
      There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
      (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

Clamping

I often glue up wood to make panels.
        Sometimes I will use masking tape on the back of the seam to hold the seam together while the glue dries.
        You can make a handy panel clamp.
        You may have to place something on the top of the wood to keep it from bowing. I use my 1 gallon glue jug. Not sure what I will use when I run out of glue.
        CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
        "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
        Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X