Glue on Plexi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glue on Plexi

I am working a pattern this evening and decided it would look so much better cut out of plexiglass/lexan, but I need to use glue on it.

Does anyone know of a glue that is pliable for a couple minutes, stays transparent and would not show on plexiglass/lexan?

I know someone on here will come up with an answer for me so I will start re cutting the pattern.

Weld Bond

Weld Bond

You will want to read about it on there site. I have seen it occasionally at Lowes and Home Depot.

Comment

Toni,

Another great site is www.thistothat.com
      It's basically an adhesive database where you plug in what you want to glue to what--and it will make suggestions. I plugged in Plastic to Plastic and got a couple suggestions--household Goop and 5 minute epoxy...

I would also suggest clear silicone...

Bob
      www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

I like to use E6000 clear It can be found in any craft store and (Home Depot but not sure?) It stays flexible and clear and can be painted. Gluing a plastic to wood can cause problems because wood moves and plastic doesn't. Here is an example of this glue use.
        John T.

Comment

Those are excellent works you did there JT. When are you going to post those to the gallery so some of us can take a closer gander at your process?

Todd
          Todd

Hawk G4, Dremel 1800

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

http://www.scrollsawer.com/gallery/s...r=2299&cat=500Todd if you want to see some more of my work I have a gallery and it is listed as JTTHECLOCKMAN gallery. Any comments and questions are always welcomed for sure. Thanks for the kind words.
            Last edited by jttheclockman; 06-01-2005, 05:09 PM.
            John T.

Comment

Canadianwoodcrafter,

what did you finally come up with for your project?

Comment

Sorry for not getting back to you Grizz, but I decided to go with the household goop since I had it in the shop. How did it turn out? Hell, it never got that far. Having a workout just cutting the plexi. Obviously not my usual brand....

So, when I am done the cut, and on to the glue - I'll let you know how the Goop worked. Giggle.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X