Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steven's PA Scroll Saw Picnic

Hey everyone...
    We've been talking about it in other threads, but I thought I'd consolidate it all here...Who all is coming to the Steven's PA Picnic? We've got a booth and I just got word today that Gary Browning is going to spend some time with us! I know JT and Gary M. are both going to stop by...anyone else?

Bob
    www.GrobetUSA.com

We've also planned a Scroll Off...stop by and scroll out a compound cut pattern...the best cutters will compete with John Nelson at the end of the day!

Bob
    www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

Bob,

When is it and where is it?

Comment

Bob,

Are you going to do the same at Branson?
        Your booth is right next to mine and if you run out of blades, I know someone who might have a few extra for you.

Mike M
        SD Mike

Comment

Mike,

I'm not sure about Branson--It's a little tough for us to ship a saw out there--plus we're having a designer showcase there...so the booth will be a little tighter!

Grizz, the picnic is June 11 in Stevens, PA, near Lancaster, PA. If you need more information, e-mail Dale Whisler at [email protected]
          He's the father of the Scroll Saw Picnics!
          It's actually at the Stevens' PA firehall.

Bob
          www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

picnics

Always so far away

Does anyone know of Canadian picnics?
            Have any plans for Canadian picnics?
            BC is a great place to visit folks. Tall trees never been cut down before.
            Anyone know how a person can go about arranging a picnic?
            I have a great location here.

I know "Just gimme a sandwich and I will shut up now."
            CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
            "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
            Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Carl, it would be a spot easier for myself to go to BC then any where else. I love Alaska but the isolation from such gatherings and events sure stinks.

If you ever orginaize such an event do it during White Tail season...thats another thing I'm missing up here.

Well, back to my igloo...
              Todd

Hawk G4, Dremel 1800

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

I've read a lot about these picnics - what exactly are they? What sort of things go on and who attends?

Inquisitive minds need to know !

Gill
                There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
                (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

Originally posted by Gill
                  I've read a lot about these picnics - what exactly are they? What sort of things go on and who attends?
                  There's lots of wonderful things to eat, and wonderful games to play. Beneath the trees, where nobody sees, they hide and seek as long as they please.

Or, um, is that some other picnic?

Comment

Gill,

The picnics started when Dale Whisler had a few scrollers over to his farm in Stevens, PA....and took off from there. Basically it's turned into a scrolling show--vendors and scrollers alike set up booths and sell products--think of a woodworking show dedicated totally to scrolling!

There are several around the states--and there was something like a picnic in Australia, but they didn't call it that.
                    Basically, it's a time to get together with scrollers, share ideas, learn a few things and have fun!

Bob
                    www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

It sound like fun. I wish I could be there, but it looks like I'll have to settle for a report from the rest of you who do go.

Gill
                      There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
                      (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

Off topic

Hey Rivari.....If you ever get to West Virginia during deer season look me up. We have more than our share of those critters and plenty of places to hunt them. Most people near here where I live have taken more deer with their car than other folks have with a gun ( that's no joke). They're getting to be a real road hazard when driving at night. I won't ride my motorcycle after dark for that very reason.
                        If it don't fit, don't force it....get a bigger hammer!!

Comment

Call it what you want Picnic, woodworking show or just a gathering, if you are into scrolling you owe it to yourself to check one of these out. A great time and you get to meet some of the very people you are typing to and get to see in person others work and if lucky get to meet some of the top designers. I am hoping to definitly be there.
                          John T.

Comment

Thanks Bob,

That date does not fit my schedule. Could you change that to July 5-7?

Comment

Originally posted by Neal Moore
                              Hey Rivari.....If you ever get to West Virginia during deer season look me up.
                              Don't be a bit surprised if you get a call Neal. I take alot of trips back east (mostly Georgia) and one of these times I will have to make an effort to stay a bit longer just for that. I always leave an open invite to folks that are coming to Alaska as well. In past summers I have met and taken out some really good folks out on our boat for salmon fishing. We're just a phone call away.

As for people hitting deer I know how that goes, good thing they don't do the damage that our moose do to our vehicles...that just gets ugly.
                              Todd

Hawk G4, Dremel 1800

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                                Reply to Farmers market "survey"
                                by will8989
                                The one I do is under a pavilion on County Property, about 60 spaces. They run 4 “seasons”, spring 6 weeks, summer May - mid September, fall sept to Mid November, and holiday fare Mid November until end of year. Cost is $75 per season, per day as they are open Saturday and Sunday. If you are called...
                                Yesterday, 11:10 PM
                              • will8989
                                Reply to Farmers market
                                by will8989
                                Ours are run by the state Ag Dept. They have very strict rules as to masks and distancing. The Ag Dept does come and visit to make sure rules are being followed. We stand behind the table and use the tailgate for packaging. I have people place their credit card in the reader on my phone and remove...
                                Yesterday, 10:31 PM
                              • tgiro01
                                Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                                by tgiro01
                                Linda - Here is my gimmick for the Incra 1000SE on my SS CNS. I scratched a line 3/4-inch in from the blade end of the fence. I then use a ruler to set that line 1-inch from the side of a carbide tooth on the blade. Then I line the 1-inch mark on the fence ruler to the scratch line.

Now,...
                                Yesterday, 09:38 PM
                              • Linda In Phoenix
                                Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                                by Linda In Phoenix
                                It was a tough choice on the miter gauges---based on recommendations here. I researched the Kreg and the Incra. They were pretty much tied. I let fate decide it. Went into my nearest 2 hardwood stores. #1 sold Kreg, but they were out of stock and didn't know when an order would come in that...
                                Yesterday, 06:47 PM
                              • Linda In Phoenix
                                Reply to Plastic puzzle
                                by Linda In Phoenix
                                Nice puzzle. Go for the gusto---scroll it next time!! Several of the quality brands of blades make blades just for acrylics. With a sharp blade and the right speed it's all good.
                                Yesterday, 06:38 PM
                              Working...
                              X