Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scroll Saw Magazines?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Scroll Saw Magazines?

    I'm fairly new to scrolling, and I was wondering if there were magazines dedicated to scroll sawing? I know that some woodworking magazines award prizes or money for new ideas or shop tricks. At any rate, I've come up with a devise pertaining to the scroll saw that seems to work very well. If anyone knows of some such magazines please let me know. Thanks.

  • #2
    Hello Pa-Paw,
    Why are you asking this: "If anyone knows of some such magazines please let me know. Thanks."
    How did you find this forum? This forum is from the best scroll saw magazine in the US.
    If you have a great idea, I would suggust you send it the Bob D moderatore of this forum and associated Editor of Scroll Saw Workshop magazine. Owner of this forum.
    Mike M
    SD Mike

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by 3_M
      Hello Pa-Paw,
      Why are you asking this: "If anyone knows of some such magazines please let me know. Thanks."
      How did you find this forum? This forum is from the best scroll saw magazine in the US.
      If you have a great idea, I would suggust you send it the Bob D moderatore of this forum and associated Editor of Scroll Saw Workshop magazine. Owner of this forum.
      Mike M
      Didn't mean to offend anyone. I found this site through Google. I'm afraid that I haven't researched the site that much, as I'm just recently registered here. I'm not as familiar with the scroll saw as many folks. I'll check out "Scroll Saw Workshop magazine". Thanks for your suggestion...John

      Comment


      • #4
        Pa - paw

        You have piqued my curiosity because you say you are a newcomer to the world of the scrollsaw but you have come up with a device to help in scrollsawing. Not to sound skeptical or anything and I wish you all the best with your venture but can you tell us at least does it have to do with blade changing, speed changing, cutting methods, or anything else. Please wet our taste buds here. I would be looking at the patten office first before talking to a scrollsaw magazine. But if you are going to show it to a magazine there is no better one than the one you are writing on. This forum is owned by Scrollsaw Workshop. Just give a private message to the administrator and they will direct you. Good luck .
        John T.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by jttheclockman
          Pa - paw

          You have piqued my curiosity because you say you are a newcomer to the world of the scrollsaw but you have come up with a device to help in scrollsawing. Not to sound skeptical or anything and I wish you all the best with your venture but can you tell us at least does it have to do with blade changing, speed changing, cutting methods, or anything else. Please wet our taste buds here. I would be looking at the patten office first before talking to a scrollsaw magazine. But if you are going to show it to a magazine there is no better one than the one you are writing on. This forum is owned by Scrollsaw Workshop. Just give a private message to the administrator and they will direct you. Good luck .
          It's probably nothing that hasn't been thought-up before. I doubt if it's worth a patent or anything, but it's just something to extend blade life, make for smother scrolling, and give (at me) better control over the work. Like I said, "It's probably nothing that hasn't been thought-up before".
          It came about as a simple solution to a problem that I was having while cutting some 5/8" popular.
          I'm sort of slow, but I do enjoy trying to solve simple problems...John

          Comment


          • #6
            We are all anxious to hear about your idea!!
            and welcome to the forum.
            T
            Theresa

            http://WoodNGoods.weebly.com

            http://woodngoods.blogspot.com

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Forester21
              We are all anxious to hear about your idea!!
              and welcome to the forum.
              T
              Let me try and figure out if it can win some sort of contest. If nothing comes of it in a week or so, then I'll post it up. You can laugh at me for thinking up something, that everyone already knows. Oh well, we'll see...John

              Thanks for the welcome.

              Comment


              • #8
                Pa-Paw......If it doesn't involve soap or packing tape you might be on to something!!! I doubt if anyone on this forum will laugh at your efforts.....maybe giggle a little. Just kidding....good luck with whatever you've got going!!
                If it don't fit, don't force it....get a bigger hammer!!

                Comment


                • #9
                  I think I figured it out he found out if he changed over to The Flying Dutchman blades he can save on blades. As we all know already Mike's blades are the longest lasting blades on the market. You can cut more projects with less blade changing than any blade I have ever tried. If there is anyone out there that still has not tried Mike's blades you owe it to yourself to give them a try and then no gizmos or gadgets are needed.


                  www.mikesworkshop.com I too am waiting patiently to find out this new procedure or product.
                  John T.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by jttheclockman
                    I think I figured it out he found out if he changed over to The Flying Dutchman blades he can save on blades. As we all know already Mike's blades are the longest lasting blades on the market. You can cut more projects with less blade changing than any blade I have ever tried. If there is anyone out there that still has not tried Mike's blades you owe it to yourself to give them a try and then no gizmos or gadgets are needed.


                    www.mikesworkshop.com I too am waiting patiently to find out this new procedure or product.
                    Nope! It’s not the blade, but it has everything to do with the blade. It’s an old Indian trick.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Could it be....

                      Could it be filing off the back of the blade to make it more rounded?

                      Just a guess.
                      -Bill

                      My saw is a DeWalt788 Measure twice; cut once; count fingers after cut

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by wwalker47
                        Could it be filing off the back of the blade to make it more rounded?

                        Just a guess.
                        "Nope! It’s not the blade"
                        Hint: Think more control and less blade grab...John

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Pa-Paw...feel free to e-mail me at [email protected]


                          We actually have a small contest going on for our Info Exchange column where the winner of the best tip gets a $25 Fox Chapel Publishing Gift Certificate...but my deadline to get editorial to our designer is today--so time is of the essence!

                          Bob Duncan
                          Scroll Saw Workshop
                          www.GrobetUSA.com

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by BobD
                            Pa-Paw...feel free to e-mail me at [email protected]


                            We actually have a small contest going on for our Info Exchange column where the winner of the best tip gets a $25 Fox Chapel Publishing Gift Certificate...but my deadline to get editorial to our designer is today--so time is of the essence!

                            Bob Duncan
                            Scroll Saw Workshop
                            Thanks for the "heads-up", Bob. Woodworkers Journal may still be doing the "Tricks of the Trade" feature, for their magazine. They were paying out $100.00-$200.00 if an idea is featured in the magazine. They will only pay if the idea is unpublished, so I hope to approach them first.

                            Comment

                            Unconfigured Ad Widget

                            Collapse

                            Latest Topics

                            Collapse

                            Working...
                            X