Victorian Candlestick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Victorian Candlestick

In the recent issue (no. 19 summer 2005) there is an article/pattern for Victorian Candlesticks. I must admit, I personally didn't think much about them (must be a 'guy' thing). My wife had picked up the magazine and went through and told me that those would make great and unique wedding presents. I said a reluctant, "Uh huh, sure."

Saturday I went to the mini-craft mall where we now have a booth. There was a lady and her teenage daughter looking over my booth and had a few items in hand to buy, when they said they were also looking for a wedding gift. I had mentioned several personalized plaques I could do and they didn't seem interested, then I remembered what my wife had said about the Candlesticks. So I shared those for a thought, and the big selling point seemed to be that these were designs from England in 1899.

Well, this is long story so I’ll get to the point. They bought a pair of the Candlesticks sight unseen for $50 for the pair. (Don’t know if that is a good price yet or not, but I did win their business). I sent a picture by email of what there are going to look like and she showed them to some friends. I now have 4 orders for the candlesticks. And I've not made any yet... (got to get busy!)

Moral of the Story: Listen to you wife.

Grizz,

That is very gratifying to hear!!!! Things like really make my day!

Since you have four to cut--are you planning on stack cutting them?

Bob
    www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

Originally posted by BobD
      Grizz,

That is very gratifying to hear!!!! Things like really make my day!

Since you have four to cut--are you planning on stack cutting them?

Bob
      Bob, It looks like they will be the best way to go. I've got three Walnut and one Oak order. They had also ordered 3 more (they bought me out) of cedar hangers. I picked up some 3x9'' cedar hangers for a buck at Lowes, and cut a design in them. I stacked cut those as well. (I'm just hoping I can still find them for a buck $.)

Comment

Do you have any photos of the cedar hangers that you could send me--that also sounds like an interesting project!
        Bob
        www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

Originally posted by BobD
          Do you have any photos of the cedar hangers that you could send me--that also sounds like an interesting project!
          Bob
          Yea, as soon as my wife finishes the roll of film.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizz
            Yea, as soon as my wife finishes the roll of film.
            C'mon ole' timer...join the 21st century and get a digital camera.

On the serious side I never thought of using the pre-made hangers for scrolling, I now have a few new ideas, thanks.
            Todd

Hawk G4, Dremel 1800

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

Well, you know, being married to the Scrapbook Queen of the Miami Valley area, the digital camera picked out HAS to be one of the most expensive. This is why I need to sell more projects

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X