In Issue #19, "Oh, how true."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Issue #19, "Oh, how true."

In issue #19, the article "Craft Shows", within the very first paragraph it is stated: " First of all, be sure you are prepared emothionally and psychologically to part with the things you've designed and made."

We just put out items for the first time in our 'Craft Booth.' Oh, my how hard that was! To realize that, not a friend or relative is going to have MY stuff in there home. LOL

I just finished the "Catch Some Air" from issue #19 and... well, it's not that big a deal... just a simple pattern on 1/4 birch. But my first thought after finishing was.... "I guess you are going to go to the booth too."

If some money starts coming in, I'm sure I will adjust.

PS. My son not only could see the words "Catch Some Air", but he also said there was, "Catch Some Asome (Awesome) Air."

I can see I am going to have to get a subscription. I was just at my grocery store where I pick up the magazine and they still have issue #18 out.

I enjoy putting my items into a craft show. Not just because of the sales but also for the comments I hear from the people. When family say they like what I make, it is one thing, but to hear it from "strangers" is is very nice for the ego!! lol
    Since most of what I do is "production" work, it isn't the same as putting out a "one-of-a-kind" item. Maybe that makes it easier to part with things.

So - how is your booth looking?? Did you take pictures so we can all see it??

Theresa
    Theresa

http://WoodNGoods.weebly.com

http://woodngoods.blogspot.com

Comment

Picture

Originally posted by Forester21
      So - how is your booth looking?? Did you take pictures so we can all see it??

Theresa
      I'm sure the "Scrapbook" Queen will get a picture of the booth soon. For a 4x4x8 spot I think it looks pretty good. I just wish I had one closer to the front. I built in three risers with half moon fronts and covered them with a satin-ee Hunter Green cloth. All the paint, wood, I had on hand so I really didn't have any out of pocket expenses.

Comment

The other side of parting with your beloved creations is that you get the good feeling that people all over the place are enjoying your things. I really enjoyed that feeling when I was selling only at craft shows and music festivals, but it comes round in spades now that I have been putting my compound-cut guitar and dulcimer ornaments out on ebay. Every week now I am shipping ornaments to California, Ontario, Alabama, and who knows where next? Still not making much money, but I get to know that by next december I'll be on dozens if not hundreds of mantles and xmas trees all over the continent!

Comment

Speaking of scapbooks Griz...did you ever come up with any ideas for those scapbook covers? I mentioned it to my wife's scapbook friend and now she is prodding me for some work.

Help me out here, I'm getting hen pecked.
          Todd

Hawk G4, Dremel 1800

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

Rut-Roh

Rivari,

Sorry, I have not had the time. When I come up with something, I'll let you know.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
              Reply to Shrink wrap systems
              by Linda In Phoenix
              I checked out www.ULine.com We used them years ago at the company I used to work at, and they were really reputable to work with. They have machines, guns, bags, and film. I just don't really know what works best, as well as if there is a really great priced to buy from. To date I've been a frugal...
              Yesterday, 10:01 PM
            • will8989
              Reply to Dog Puzzle - Aussie
              by will8989
              Will check out amazon tomorrow. Thanks.
              Yesterday, 09:53 PM
            • will8989
              Reply to Shrink wrap systems
              by will8989
              Well, I used to get my shrink wrap rolls from AC Moore, and just used the last roll😟. I use a heat gun but lately and only shrink the Sealife puzzles to keep the pieces in place. I only use it on puzzles because of my display board otherwise I would have broken pieces all over the place. Also easier...
              Yesterday, 09:49 PM
            • will8989
              Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
              by will8989
              He’s gotten me through some pretty tough times and always has my back so It’s the least I can do. Good thing I had the freezer stocked! That has been a time saver. I made a pot of chili on Sunday and got 6 meals out of it! As for payback, I’m getting a new shed in the spring! I had to do my flap...
              Yesterday, 09:32 PM
            • will8989
              Reply to Sundays market
              by will8989
              We did. I only went $40 over budget. I got a 73” x 12” x 3/4” curly cherry for $55. Just needs to be run through the sander and cut to size. It’s a pinkish cherry and is so pretty. A piece of deep red redwood, 2 pieces of walnut each about 12” wide. Good haul.
              Yesterday, 08:56 PM
            Working...
            X