New U.K. Member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New U.K. Member

Good Morning from Norfolk England I have just joined your web site my name is Derek and I have been fretsawing for about 20 years I would love to chat with some other s/saw fans
    Derek
    DeWalt 788

Goodness gracious - what a coincidence! I joined this American forum this morning too and straight away there's another Brit . By the way, I'm over in Worcestershire.

Gill
    There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
    (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

Welcome to the Colonies

Welcome to both of you guy's. My name is Jim and I have only been scrolling for a couple of years since I retired. Never-the-less I throughly enjoy the hobby.

There is a place to post pictures on this site as well as messages so feel free to share your work with us...I for one would love to see your projects.

There is a whole lot of talent on this board, and everyone seems ready to help and encourage. Of the various scroll boards that I am aware of, this board seem to be the one I find as best for me, I enjoy reading all the messages and seeing the beautiful work these folks produce.

Enjoy.
      Jim Paskett
      RBI HAWK 220

Comment

Welcome! Is the art any different across the big blue?

Bob
        www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

Welcome

Derek,

Welcome to the board. I'm sure your 20 years of experience will help us much.

Comment

Heh...

Originally posted by Gill
            By the way, I'm over in Worcestershire.
            And here I thought Worcestershire was a sauce you put on meat.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizz
              And here I thought Worcestershire was a sauce you put on meat.
              It is ! http://www.valenet.com/lea-and-perri...ster-sauce.htm

The stuff is made a few miles from where I live. However, it is named after the English county where it's produced.

Gill
              There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

Comment

Worchestershire sauce

Grizz...I always thought that stuff was invented in West Virginia. Legend has it that it was called "Brown sauce" until one guy who tried it asked, "whassdisheresauce"?
                If it don't fit, don't force it....get a bigger hammer!!

Comment

Welcome guys. Hope you like this forum, like they said before, everyone is glad to come up with an answer if you have a question.

Mike M
                  SD Mike

Comment

This is getting really international.

I am from Spain. Nice to have you here

Pedro.
                    http://www.finescrollsaw.com

Comment

Another familiar face

Hi Pedro

I think we 'met' recently on the UKworkshop forum. It's nice to recognise another friend (and a very skillful scroller to boot! ).

Gill

Comment

Too Funny!!!

Originally posted by Neal Moore
                        Grizz...I always thought that stuff was invented in West Virginia. Legend has it that it was called "Brown sauce" until one guy who tried it asked, "whassdisheresauce"?
                        ROTFL!!! (Rolling On The Floor Laughing)

Comment

Yes, I recognize you now.

Hi Pedro,

I think we 'met' recently on the UKworkshop forum. It's nice to recognise another friend (and a very skillful scroller to boot! ).
                          Yes, I recognize you now. May I suggest you to post some of your work?

Pedro.
                          http://www.finescrollsaw.com

Comment

To see one of the master pieces from Pedro click on this site: http://www.mikesworkshop.com/samples.htm and scroll down to see the beautiful Eiffel tower he disigned and cut.
                            Mike M
                            SD Mike

Comment

Hi Pedro

I'll certainly put pictures of some of my work on here when I can. Unfortunately (or fortunately ), most of my older stuff has been claimed by relatives and friends, and I've only just got a digital camera to photograph new work. Once I get stuck back into production again, I'll take some photos.

I don't think anyone here has much to worry about in terms of competition from me anyway. Just about everything I do comes out of Patrick Spielman books. Still, I don't care - it may not be original, but it's fun .

Gill

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X