Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Appreciation

Maybe I need more coffee, oh hell, you can blame it on hormones if you want to go that route, but a post I read on here this morning lead to this thread.

Let's face it, posting on the forums can take a lot of time. There are so many people on here who are willing and helpful. I have been scrolling a long time, but still have much to learn and I think I found a great group of people to learn from.Thank you.

SSW has put together an awesome forum for us here. Many don't consider the time and money that goes into maintaining such a nice board. From what I have seen, Administration is approachable and works hard to answer our questions and to see that the board runs smoothly. This isn't a forum that was just posted and left without being maintained. As members here, we have many free features or creature comforts you don't have on other forums. This is a paid site, no pop ups to distract us, and now we even have a gallery to show off our work! Thank you.

Sorry for the venting, I will go drown myself in coffee now.

100% agreement. We're very fortunate/blessed to have such a fine site. We owe Fox Publishing a huge round of applause.
    Now where's that smiley of somebody clapping?

Comment

Yup!!!!!!!!

Comment

This place is Great!

I'm so happy to have found this site. I have a couple of golf sites that I like. One of which I'm a volunteer chat moderator. As much as I love golf, nothing beats making something with your own two hands. No one I know of scrolls on those sites. I enjoy discussing and learning more about scrolling here.

I have already emailed a few folks here from the board and they have been extremely gracious with thier knowledge and time! Being able to see everyone's work in the gallery inspire's me to become better at the craft! I just finished another work yesterday, (deer). Can't wait to get the picture back and get HONEST feedback, because I want to get better! Who better to appraise your work than fellow scrollers?

Oh... I could go on and on.

Comment

Nancy,

I concur!

Comment

This forum has become a three times daily routine for me. First thing when I get to work, lunch and then before bedtime I check to see what is new. You folks do an awesome job on this site and I for one appreciate your efforts.

And I'll second the smiley clapping statement, there is much to applaude here.
            Todd

Hawk G4, Dremel 1800

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

Rivari,

You look at this site while at work too? Shame on you!

Comment

Griz, it is easily justified. I made a nice design last week and gave it to the Sergeant Major for his office now everyone wants something in my unit. Soooo....I gotta research this web-site for new ideas.
                Todd

Hawk G4, Dremel 1800

Comment

Rivari,

Well, as long as you have good excuse. I'm too tired to think this morning, so I'll need to do more at home tonight when everyone is in bed. (I'm a night person more than a morning person)

Comment

From Neal

For Rivari... I see You have a Seargent Major !! Good thinking giving him one of your designs. I once was a Master Chief in the good old USN... but no one ever gave me anything for my office. Wonder why?? Ha!! Ha!! I had a great friend back in the 70's whose lifes ambition was to be the Seargent Major of the Marine Corps. Unfortunately he passed away before realizing that goal.
                    If it don't fit, don't force it....get a bigger hammer!!

Comment

I only have one for two more years and then I will be putting myself out to pasture. My goal years ago was to make it that far but now I will be happy just getting out in one piece with my sanity intact.
                      Todd

Hawk G4, Dremel 1800

Comment

My computer has been out of commission for 6 days and I know I missed this forum!! Now that I have the computer back, I took the saw to the repair shop!!! Don't know how long I will be without the saw - hopefully not long.
                        I do agree - this is a great forum - THANKS! to those running it!
                        Theresa
                        Theresa

http://WoodNGoods.weebly.com

http://woodngoods.blogspot.com

Comment

This is the best site out here just want to say thanks to everyone that has helped me. this is a great place thanks All

Comment

Brenda

Nice of you to say. Remember the only dumb question is the one not asked.
                            John T.

Comment

I was an Administrator on a local (Chicago area) fishing forum for a couple of years. I had all the powers of the site owner, including his credit card number in case we had to buy more bandwidth. I got back into woodworking last year and lost all interest in fishing, (the only water my has seen in the last year and a half is rain!), but I'm still an listed as an Administrator there. We had a lot problems with members of two competing boards posting spam, profanity, multiple nonsense posts, etc, and really had to stay on top of things. There were even "refresher" programs being run that could eat up the site's monthly bandwith allotment in a week or two.
                              I know the headaches that the people who run this board go through and I salute them for it.
                              and keep up the great work!
                              Last edited by Woodbutcher68; 11-13-2005, 04:40 PM.
                              Fred

There's a fine line between woodworking and insanity, I'm just not sure which side of the line I'm on!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Rolf
                                Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                                by Rolf
                                Back in the late 90's I bought a Incra 2000 Miter gauge. Incredibly precise. The problem was that it only adjusted in one direction, It rarely gets used. It locks in to half degrees. More recently I bought a Kreg fence which has a pin that precisely locates the frequently used angles.
                                That is...
                                Today, 08:15 AM
                              • Jimern
                                Reply to Farmers market "survey"
                                by Jimern
                                The crafters market here in Kerrville, TX is $25 per 10x10 spot per event. We sell 8 months out of the year, Jun/Jul is too hot, and Jan/Feb is too cold. No insurance requirement but we do have to show a sales tax permit and collect sales tax.

Personally I would never sell in a venue that...
                                Today, 06:29 AM
                              • will8989
                                Reply to Farmers market "survey"
                                by will8989
                                The one I do is under a pavilion on County Property, about 60 spaces. They run 4 “seasons”, spring 6 weeks, summer May - mid September, fall sept to Mid November, and holiday fare Mid November until end of year. Cost is $75 per season, per day as they are open Saturday and Sunday. If you are called...
                                Yesterday, 11:10 PM
                              • will8989
                                Reply to Farmers market
                                by will8989
                                Ours are run by the state Ag Dept. They have very strict rules as to masks and distancing. The Ag Dept does come and visit to make sure rules are being followed. We stand behind the table and use the tailgate for packaging. I have people place their credit card in the reader on my phone and remove...
                                Yesterday, 10:31 PM
                              • tgiro01
                                Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                                by tgiro01
                                Linda - Here is my gimmick for the Incra 1000SE on my SS CNS. I scratched a line 3/4-inch in from the blade end of the fence. I then use a ruler to set that line 1-inch from the side of a carbide tooth on the blade. Then I line the 1-inch mark on the fence ruler to the scratch line.

Now,...
                                Yesterday, 09:38 PM
                              Working...
                              X