X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3_M
    replied
    OK Will8989.

I don't know what you exactly what it is. It seems that you are talking about some on top of the table. I have about 5 pictures to show and will try if I can post them here
    Ron Posten was the one who made it, not from plastic but from nice plywood.
    It fits under on top of the table with cut outs, so the sides go past the saw.
    Maybe someone else from AMI made one also but than from plactic.

Mike M
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 3_M; 01-11-2005, 07:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• will8989
    replied
    No Mike that's not what I'm talking about. He had a flat piece of plastic (?), the width of the top and about 6-8 inches deep, with a slit in the center to match up with the slit in the Hegner saw and some holes for blades and some other cutouts on it. It somehow fit under the table top. does this sound familiar to you? If not, I wonder what he had? But he did say it was from you.

Leave a comment:

• Forester21
    replied
    Hi Tony - I don't think I will ever get completely out of painting. Just trying to expand my scroll sawing. I do fall craft shows, so from Oct to Mid-December painting is all I do. By January I am burnt out on painting. I would like to try my hand at painting patterns as well as scroll saw ones tho.

I haven't tried intarsia yet, although I did do a little sectional cutting. Right now I am doing some inlay along with the fretwork.

Theresa

Leave a comment:

• Back2Jake
    replied
    Originally posted by Forester21
    Thanks for the welcome Will. I'm trying to do more scrolling and designing in order to get out of painting myself!! I've had a chance to check out some of the other's sites, and am looking forward to seeing more of them!
    T

More scrolling? More designing? That's definately a good thing, but don't let the painting go. There is definately room for painting on wood projects you make with the scrollsaw.

What interests you - fretwork or intarsia?

Leave a comment:

• Forester21
    replied
    Thanks for the welcome Will. I'm trying to do more scrolling and designing in order to get out of painting myself!! I've had a chance to check out some of the other's sites, and am looking forward to seeing more of them!
    T

Leave a comment:

• 3_M
    replied
    Will8989,

Go to my web site: www.mikesworkshop.com. You can see a picture of the blower hose. Click on "Accessories" and you can see it how it looks on the saw.
    Mike M

Leave a comment:

• will8989
    replied
    Welcome Theresa, I get on here at work during "slow times" of which there isn't too many lately. Job security I think it's called. Anyway, I just checked your site. I got into scroll sawing to get OUT of painting! LOL. I just love working with wood and using it as my color palet! Wow, I sound really talented, don't I? LOL. Anyway, I'm sure you'll enjoy this site as much as I do and as you check out the sites of everyone, except me as I don't have one yet, you will see what a talented group of people there is in here. Some of the talent just blows me away! Like Nancy's carvings! And everything that JTT does, and on and on and on.

Now here's a question for Mike. I was at a woodworking show over the week-end and the demonstrator from Hegner told me you have something coming out that attaches to the front of the scroll saw to hold blades, catch dust, etc.? He even had a blue sample of it, looked like it was madeout of plastic? So, what's the deal? Looked like something I would be interested in.

Leave a comment:

• Forester21
    replied
    Dena and Bob - thanks for the welcome!!

Bob - don't worry about being "late"..... I understand not bringing home your work! lol

Theresa

Leave a comment:

• BobD
    replied
    Theresa,
    Welcome!
    Sorry I'm so late in responding, but I spend about 35 hours a week on the board during the work week, so I take a little time to myself on weekends. I usually try to check in a few times over the weekend, but didn't have time...so again I'm sorry about the tardy welcome.

Bob Duncan
    Associate Editor
    Scroll Saw Workshop

Leave a comment:

• Dena F
    replied
    Hello Theresa
    Welcome to the Board, I'm fairly new here too. I visited your site, you have some nice items.
    Welcome to the other newcomer too.

Leave a comment:

• Forester21
    replied
    Nancy, I have heard of Pipka, but haven't had the pleasure of painting anything of hers. Thank you for the compliments... I took a look at your pictures and you do beautiful work!!

Toni - feel free to ask any questions! If I can't help you, I will at least point you in the right direction!

Theresa

Leave a comment:

• Back2Jake
    replied
    Hi Theresa,

I am new here too and just checked in on a couple questions I asked the group yesterday.

I took a look at your site, very nice. Hope you don't mind if I ask you some questions on painting in the future?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Hi again Theresa -- Your painting is very nice !! And it's obvious that you need a scroll saw to cut your own wood.

Pipka used to publish the most gorgeous books on cut and painted Santas and angels .... those things sold like magic. I don't know if the books are still available. I think Pipka has switched to 3-D resin things. If I get up any energy - lol - I'll take some photos of a couple I did YEARS ago and post them.

BTW, Theresa ....I'm OLD. I sure hope I can find a nursing home with a shop.

Mike, the only real "duties" of the moderators are to remove or edit objectional posts ... to keep the boards clean. I'm certain everyone is glad you "saw" Theresa first and welcomed her to the group. I hope her experience here is happy.

Leave a comment:

• Forester21
    replied
    Thanks for the warm welcome!
    Yes, I think all moderators should be up at 3 a.m. to welcome any newcomer!! LOL

Here's a link to my webpage - when I figure out this forum, I will add it as a signature. http://www.ezshoppes.com/shoppe/?sid=WoodNGoods

Theresa

Leave a comment:

• 3_M
    replied
    Hi Ho,

It was 11 AM CST that I saw it. The time on the post does not go with my time. As a moderator you should not make sarcastic remark I would think. Better leave some things alone.
    Why are there so many moderators anyway. What is the job of a moderator?

Mike M

Leave a comment:

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X