Where is everyone??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is everyone??

Did everyone go into hibernation??? I guess I'm the first to use our new site. Since Christmas is over and projects finished, I feel a let down. Like I should be planning for a new year project. Do any of you feel the need to be doing something new for the New Year?
    Dena

Happy New Year

Yes, Dena -- First thing tomorrow morning I'm cleaning my shop. I'm going to start '05 CLEAN. And, for me, a clean shop is new.

Comment

Got to finish daughter B'day gift (10 Jan) then start on next years. got a bunch of nice cedar fence boards from a discarded fence that I have rescued by planing them down so should be able to do some nice somethings out of them. Probably ornament as the cedar is nice and light.

Comment

Nancy's post

I want to go watch Nancy clean her shop!...neva did i seed a klean shop!

Comment

I'm sawing!!

I got a new RBI Hawk for Christmas (I guess all that bellyaching did some good after all), but FedX temporarily lost it, so I just got it yesterday. Wow!! Whatta machine. Now I can change a blade anytime I wanna. Used to be such a hassle to change 'em, I'd just keep sawing 'til the blade broke. Happy New Year to everyone!!

Comment

OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ...........Sheltie, you didn't say a HAWK (or I missed it). A Hawk ~sigh~. I had a little Hawk I adored. When I started having problems with it I decided to get a new saw and wanted a longer "throat". I bought a 30" Excalibur and I'm bitterly disappointed. The 30" are great but everything else is ......well, I just don't like it. Even with the speed control set as high as it will go, it's too slow, adjusting the tension is difficult, the manual says it should be oiled EVERY DAY. It's probably me, but I have trouble changing the blades. I WANT MY HAWK BACK.

Comment

Hey Dave -- go look at the photos of my shop. They were taken .... hmmmm ... maybe 7 or 8 years ago - last time I cleaned it - but IT'S CLEAN.

Comment

Here I am!! I'm at work looking for something to do while I could be at home cleaning my shop. I just found out that I need pics of my shop to send in an application for a juried show. Anxiously awaiting next week-end when we go to the woodworkers show at the fairgrounds. I have my coupons, list and money and am ready to spend, spend, spend!! Accountant says I can still show a loss next year so I am only too happy to oblige!! EVERYONE HAVE A HAPPY AND SAFE NEW YEAR!!!
                Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Well, I see that not everyone is hibernatiing. Nancy, I hope your shop space is larger than mine. I have a 10 x 10 bedroom workshop. I use to teach 6-12 yr olds to sew for 10 yrs, then I wanted to do some airbrushing and now I have big and little scroll saws. All equipment in the same room. I have to keep it clean or I wouldn't know which machine I was using. LOL
                  Thanks everybody now I don't feel so lost and will start working on my miniature rocking chair with fretwork 3 1/2" x 3 1/2".
                  Dena

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X