2005 scroll saw picnic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 scroll saw picnic

On july 9, 2005 there will be a scroll saw picnic in Branson , MO. It will be 100% inside.
    Hope to see you there.
    Mike M
    SD Mike

Hey, Mike that sounds interesting. I would like to attend. How would I get info on the event?

Also, being a new sawer I was wondering: when I get real good and want to do a large fretwork project like a large clock what would one do with these projects after you finish them? They are so large after a while one could run out of room real quick. Just a question, I’m a long way from that and I will need a better saw.

I noticed that you have a Hegner in you picture on your website. You must like it, would you recommend it to a newbie like me for my next saw?

Thanks,
    -Bill

My saw is a DeWalt788 Measure twice; cut once; count fingers after cut

Comment

For more information on the Branson scroll event, I'm sure that there will be some in the next SSW magazine. If I hear more from the Jennings, I will post it.
      About big clocks. I made the Dome clock and every one liked it. However we did not have room and none of our kids wanted it. I sold it for $ 300.00 to a lady with a big house. That was not enough but at least I got my wood paid for. The big Grand father clock is standing in a corner of the dinning room and we just love it.
      My best selling clock was the Worthington Hall clock and the Cottage clock.
      I never been sorry that I bought the Hegner saw. It is solid made and I like the 3 legged steel stand. It has the least front to back movement of other saws, except the Eclipse. I would love to have one like that some day.
      Mike M
      SD Mike

Comment

Thanks, Mike, I'll be looking for some info on the event. Hope to see you there.
        -Bill

My saw is a DeWalt788 Measure twice; cut once; count fingers after cut

Comment

"I never been sorry that I bought the Hegner saw. It is solid made and I like the 3 legged steel stand. It has the least front to back movement of other saws, except the Eclipse. I would love to have one like that some day."

Hey Mike, why don't you get that Eclipse sometime this winter and donate your Hegner to some charity, (me since I am a charity case)? LOL

Comment

Yes, you bet Silver Sliver. Living in FL and leaving us in the cold -2F
            Mike M
            SD Mike

Comment

Branson 2005

Originally posted by 3_M
              On july 9, 2005 there will be a scroll saw picnic in Branson , MO. It will be 100% inside.
              Hope to see you there.
              Mike M
              Mike I thought that I read somewhere that the 2005 Was going to be in Lebanon.TN. It was in Branson last yr. I went to the last one in in Lebanon and had a great time .I'd love to go to Branson ,but it is a little far for me to travel and have to get a room.
              Chet

Comment

Branson 2005

Originally posted by 3_M
                Hope to see you there.
                Mike M
                Mike I thought that I read somewhere that the 2005 Was going to be in Lebanon.TN. It was in Branson last yr. I went to the last one in Lebanon and had a great time .I'd love to go to Branson ,but it is a little far for me to travel and have to get a room.
                Chet

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Jim McDonald
                  Reply to Need advice...
                  by Jim McDonald
                  Thanks Carole!
                  Today, 10:19 AM
                • will8989
                  Reply to I decided I needed a challenge
                  by will8989
                  SLRA does a “spot” check. He’s lucky I’m keeping him around. It was free with a purchase at harbor freight. When people pick up a basket to examine, usually first time customers, they inspect everything for glue ups, drill holes, etc. of course, I don’t think half of them know what they are...
                  Today, 09:08 AM
                • Rolf
                  by Rolf
                  Interesting, I will nee to try that.
                  Today, 08:01 AM
                • handibunny
                  by handibunny
                  Back in my days of collecting antique pottery, I used to carry a a small blacklight unit to check for repairs that were invisible to the naked eye. I never knew that it could detect glue spots. That's a lot neater than using mineral spirits, or waiting until a sealer coat of shellac reveals missed...
                  Today, 06:22 AM
                • will8989
                  Reply to My lucky day!
                  by will8989
                  Being a diet controlled type 2 diabetic, I check my glucose. Checked before my shot on Tuesday it was fine. Checked on Wednesday after a morning walk expecting to see less than 100 and about fainted when it read 158. Every check has been 150 or more since then. Started reading and yes, the shots can...
                  Yesterday, 10:37 PM
                Working...
                X