• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year

Mike M
    SD Mike

Re: Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year

I would like to add my SEASON'S GREETINGS to all. May all, along with their famlies have a joyous and safe hoilday. May the New Year bring everyone good health happiness and most important new toys I mean tools.
    John T.

Comment

I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. I hope to be playing with my new toys on 12/26!!!! And if my husband didn't get me any, I'll play with the ones I got him! LOL. Now if I could just figure out this new board I would be all set! MERRY MERRY!!
      Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Merry Christmas to all,
        I cheated I got my present early last week, a Delta 350sl. Its sure nice not fighting the allen wrench. Having a hard time adjusting from the little Micromark Scroll Saw to 350, but love it.
        May God bless you all.
        Dena F.

Comment

Dena

Congrats on the new saw. Hope to see some pictures of projects here soon. When a tool gets easier to use we tend to use them more so I expect you to be using that saw more.
          John T.

Comment

To all members and their families I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a happy,properous and safe 2005
            Pete
            PS we get to see the fella in red first LOL
            I am a nobody and no body is perfect...........therefore I am perfect

Comment

Merry Christmas to all. Have a glorious holiday !!

Dena -- don't you just love that MicroMart catalog? I don't know their scroll saw but their catalog drives me to my knees ..... and credit card

Comment

Happy holidays everyone!!!

Bob
                www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

Nancy G.
                  I have a hard time keeping my card in my pocket, I'm a tool nut as it is and we have plenty of them around the house as my husband was a mechanic before we retired, but MicroMarks tools are alot different.LOL

John,
                  Thanks for the congrats. I have done a few ornaments, but can't seem to make the tight neat turns that the little saw made. I'm spoiled. I'm practicing though. It'll be awhile before pictures are posted.

Comment

Hi Dena,

It is very easy to make turns with a scroll saw. There are at least 3 different ways. First, keep the saw running put a little back pressure on the blade and just turn the wood.
                    Second. say that the line going to the corner is # A and goind away # B. Cut to the corner on line A back up a little maybe 1/16 to 1/8" turn in the waist and cut to line B to the corner. A little piece will fall out and you can turn the wood and start cutting again on line B.
                    Third, cut to the corner, back up a little and shave a little off the waist side maybe 2 or 3 times to the corner, this gives you room to turn the blade.
                    Instead of getting a round corner you will get a perfect square corner with the last two.

Mike M
                    SD Mike

Comment

Dena and Mike --- I'm sorry my post and photos in the Beginners Scroll Saw forum have disappeared. I've talked to John about tiny snowflakes from 1/32" plywood (I need dozens and dozens -- even hundreds). Maybe a micro scroll saw could help?
                      Just what I need .........another tool.
                      I could hang it from the ceiling.
                      I could set it beside the kitchen sink.
                      I could set it on the bed.....in front of the sofa.....IN THE BATHTUB !!!!

Comment

Merry Christmas to one and all. Thanks for the websight I've got a lot of tips and help here. Thanks to Mike for the blades, they are the best. You need blades get 'em from Mike.
                        -Bill

My saw is a DeWalt788 Measure twice; cut once; count fingers after cut

Comment

My saw is in the bathroom

Nancy - don't joke too much about all the places you can put your tools -- I live in a tiny - really tiny mobil home (10 x 33). My bandsaw is in the kitchen, on the counter, and my scroll saw lives in the bathroom. Mini-lathe is in the living room, next to the computer. Really gotta watch that dust, but space is verrrrry limited. Luckily I live with only a small dog and 4 cats - no humans to complain when I'm scrolling at 2 am. Now - What is Micromark and how do I get a catalog to drool over?

Comment

Micro-Mark 1-800-225-1066
                            www.micromark.com
                            Their prices are way too high for things you can find anyplace else BUT they have things you can't find anything else. What you gonna' do?

FOUR cats? Four cats in a small home? I thought I was suffering with two cats in a fairly good size home. But my cats are both spoiled rotten "clingers".

Have a great '05

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X