Delicate ornament cutting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delicate ornament cutting.

I have always used Olson 2/0R 28TPI blades for my small ornaments. I stack cut 7 1/16 thick BB and have switched to the Pegas MGT 2/0 R 15 TPI. It cuts so much faster.
    The pattern is a Sue Mey window hanger that is 10 x 9.5 inches. I reduced it to 4 x 3-3/4 to fit in our ornament boxes. Awesome blade.! just ordered another gross this afternoon from Denny and they are already in the mail.!
    Cutting the details in the Church was FUN!

Sue Mey Church Ornament.jpg
    Rolf
    RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
    Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
    Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
    And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

That’s beautiful Rolf, RJ
    Life Begins @ 190 MPH

Comment

Amazing detail work. I would struggle with its original size, can’t imagine trying it at the reduced size. Glad you could stack cut.
      Melanie from East TN

Comment

Great looking ornament Rolf!

Do you have to sand for fuzzies afterward?

Karl
        Karl in Sunny Southwest Florida

Comment

I’ve cut the original size and it’s not bad to cut. I used a #5 mgt on 3/4 cherry. Now that bell was another story with those fine lines in the leaves. I used a #3 on that. I do like the smaller version of the window hanger.
          Attached Files
          Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

You guys are awesome. Love the creative twists and turns our group does to make things so uniquely beautiful.
            Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

Rolf you have way more patience then I do. Great job.
              Scott
              Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Thanks for the nice comments.

Karl I sand all of my ornaments, mostly to soften the edges as there are not many fuzzies. with this blade. I use a spindle mounted MAC mop, 240 grit. I support the ornament on a piece of wood then run it under the mop both directions and sides. I have been doing this for years.
                Betty I love that bell, I haven't made in awhile. If I have time a may do a stack. The Christmas is also a great selling item, I put it on a base so that it is free standing.
                Melanie with this thin wood stack cutting is a must. This stack took me about 50 min, but I end up with 7 ornaments. I get $12 for these 15 at the consignment shop.
                Sanding delicate ornaments.jpg DSC_0789.jpg
                Rolf

Comment

I have the Mac Mop mounted on the drill press. I like your idea of horizontal mounting and supporting with a board.
                  Denny
                  ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

Wow! That is some mighty delicate fret work. I can see myself having a nervous tick right at a critical point and blowing the whole project.

Comment

Nice job on ornaments Rolf
                      Dewalt 788

Comment

Rolf I use red heart to mount almost all of my cuttings. Probably just didn’t get to that one yet.
                        Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy Oaks View Post
                          I have the Mac Mop mounted on the drill press. I like your idea of horizontal mounting and supporting with a board.
                          I did not do well when I had either the MAC mop, sanding drum or the Wonder wheel mounted in my drill press. It is up too high and harder to control. I bought the Sand Flee back in 2005 at the first Scroll saw picnic I ever went to at Fox Chapel. Having the auxiliary chuck on the side is really convenient. It is much easier to see and control working from underneath.
                          Rolf

Comment

Betty Red heart! Wow you are spoiling your customers.
                            Rolf

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X