Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hummingbird trivet

TR007 HUMMINGBIRD TRIVET
    Pattern by Charles Hand 9 3/4 x 3/4 Black Walnut. 5 3/4 hours cutting time. Used 4 pegas modified geometry #5 and 1 #3 for the wings. A fun pattern to cut. Pick out one pattern shape at a time to figure out where to drill and cut. Just follow the lines and move on to the next. I have switched to the pegas blades after using only FD since they first came out. The blades are great (just do not bend them).. scrollsawart4u.weebly.com for pattern. 2020-03-13-15-13-47.JPG
    The other John A. Nelson
    johnsworkshop.com
    sigpic
    I just follow the lines and make sawdust
    on a Seyco ST-21 and a Yellow DW788

That is a beautiful piece. I have to say you were working at a pretty quick rate of speed to do it that quickly. And thank you for telling us what wood and blades you used.
    Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

Originally posted by Linda In Phoenix View Post
      That is a beautiful piece. I have to say you were working at a pretty quick rate of speed to do it that quickly. And thank you for telling us what wood and blades you used.
      I have noticed I am cutting much faster with these blades.. I cut about 9 John 3:16 hearts a year.. always between 4 1/2 hours and 5 hours.. cut 2 at 2 hours with the pegas blades. will have to see when I do one in cherry... .. I have been told they are aggressive and not for a beginner.
      The other John A. Nelson
      johnsworkshop.com
      sigpic

Comment

Stunning. That is something I would keep for myself.
        Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Beautiful piece.
          Great selection of wood to compliment the pattern and great execution of the pattern.
          Jim
          When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
          Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

Nice work! What did you use for the finish? The tooth count is what really makes the difference.
            Rolf
            RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
            Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
            Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
            And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Originally posted by Rolf View Post
              Nice work! What did you use for the finish? The tooth count is what really makes the difference.
              I gave the trivet a 5 minute bath in watco natural oil. (from Nevada--) The 275 and 350 VOC versions are sticky mess that does not dry evenly.. The original works great. California is not the place to do woodworking.. For trivets I usually give 2 baths (need one more) for all the rest 1 bath and spray with Deft semi gloss lacquer spray with 320 sanding between the 2 coats.

The Modified Geometry Scroll Saw Blades are my new goto blades.. gave most of my Flying Dutchman Ultra reverse blades away (the same place you did).. The seem sharper and keep the sharpness.. FD Cherry I would change blades about ever 1/2 hour.. 45 minutes for Black Walnut. I am getting double the cut time with these as long as you do not get any kind of bend in them. So I am cutting faster and longer (wonder why my back hurts more?) .
              The other John A. Nelson
              johnsworkshop.com
              sigpic

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X