Fretwork Violin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fretwork Violin

The pattern is by Sue Mey and found in SWWC Fall 2019. I enlarged the pattern by 8% to fit 12" stock. I used 1/2" Walnut and backed with 1/4" Baltic Birch plywood. I used FD UR #3 blades and finished with two coats of spray Polyurethane Clear Satin.
    Denny
    ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

You did that pattern justice, I may have to cut this one.
    The test cut was was done by my friend Joe , one of our club members and excellent scroller.
    Rolf
    RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
    Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
    Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
    And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Originally posted by Rolf View Post
      You did that pattern justice, I may have to cut this one.
      The test cut was was done by my friend Joe , one of our club members and excellent scroller.
      Thanks Rolf. It was a fairly easy cut, except the were several very small holes.
      Denny

Comment

Thanks for showing yours Denny. It looks very nice, especially with the walnut. This is another one I copied from the magazine but that is as far as I have gotten with it so far.
        Melanie from East TN

Comment

Originally posted by meflick View Post
          Thanks for showing yours Denny. It looks very nice, especially with the walnut. This is another one I copied from the magazine but that is as far as I have gotten with it so far.
          Thanks Melanie. I hope to see a completed project soon.
          Denny

Comment

Very cool! Every fall I do a temp job that lasts all of August with a company that deals with the schools and students in the music program. I had to chuckle when I saw this.....I hand delivered over 50 violins this week alone!
            Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

Originally posted by Linda In Phoenix View Post
              Very cool! Every fall I do a temp job that lasts all of August with a company that deals with the schools and students in the music program. I had to chuckle when I saw this.....I hand delivered over 50 violins this week alone!
              Thanks Linda. WOW over 50 violins!
              Denny

Comment

How many earmuffs went with them.
                Rolf
                RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• axor
                  Reply to Shawl pins
                  by axor
                  Hello! I just wanted to hear criticism about my patterns and your first comment! Thank you! Tell your e-mail and I will send you patterns without unnecessary images....
                  Today, 12:50 AM
                • leehljp
                  I Thought the Spring Issue Looked Familiar!
                  by leehljp
                  When the Spring Issue of Scrollsaw Woodworking came out, it looked familiar to me but I couldn't figure out just why.

When we were in Japan, I collected two kinds of Starbucks mugs regularly: 1. Each major city had its own Starbucks mug; Each New year for about 1 week, Starbucks sold a...
                  Yesterday, 11:03 PM
                • Jim McDonald
                  Reply to Sloan's Woodshop is retiring next month
                  by Jim McDonald
                  Placed my order today. Rhonda told me they will miss the folks calling in, but they just needed to get some time after running the business all these years.
                  I expressed my thanks for all the support they have given the hobby through the years and the guidance they provided to new scrollers--myself...
                  Yesterday, 09:20 PM
                • will8989
                  Reply to Pegas saw
                  by will8989
                  But that was before the Internet age.
                  Yesterday, 08:01 PM
                • Trackman
                  Proud to be changes
                  by Trackman
                  Had a order that wanted Sue Mey’s proud to be patterns but with names of the people getting them. The EMS was for another customer who only wanted the logo. So Got a proud to be one for EMS people. I will make one to sale someday. Moved the letters using the old school of cutting an pasting. Love...
                  Yesterday, 07:53 PM
                Working...
                X