Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Supper

Black Walnut, local milled Live edge 7/8" thick no finish

Nice work. I really like items done on wood with a live edge. Are you planning on putting some sort of finish on the piece?
    Melanie from East TN

Comment

Where did you get the pattern? I really like that.
      Hank Lee
      Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted.

Comment

Meflick, leehljp, its a Susan Mey pattern, which calls for the image to be cut into an oval, but I have had this wonderful piece of Black Walnut, local milled for a number of years, have hesitated to use it, as didnt want to cut it, but when I placed the patter on it, wanted to keep the live edges. Back and forth on using a finish, the wood from lying about for 5+ years has a nice patina, just not sure.

Comment

Pete, you know I really like it from my comments on NCWW. Thanks for sharing.
          Last edited by NC Scroller; 01-13-2019, 01:52 PM.
          Scott
          Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Yes it is beautiful!
            Rolf
            RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
            Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
            Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
            And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• DaveVanEss
              The Fickle Finger of Fate
              by DaveVanEss
              It is amazing how Edward R. Murrow's life could would have been different it is wasn't for this one event. When he was going to Washington State University he met a gorgeous girl going to the University of Idaho. They made a wonderful couple and they talked about getting married after Edward graduated....
              Yesterday, 11:16 AM
            • meflick
              Reply to Fall 2019 Issue
              by meflick
              Mine was in the mail Fri., just in time to throw in For our weekend camping trip. I agree, great looking projects to do and always fun to see the contributions and names of our forum friends, ๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿ™‚ now to carve out time to try a few of them.
              07-14-2019, 03:27 PM
            • meflick
              Reply to Unicorn Spit
              by meflick
              Thanks Betty. I will need to check our local store. I Will also check their online site and see if itโ€™s there. Now, I need to go and retrieve that Joanneโ€™s email with the coupon back out of the trash. ๐Ÿ˜‰...
              07-14-2019, 03:23 PM
            • meflick
              Reply to Dream Catcher Silhouette Ornaments
              by meflick
              Thank you Betty. You are very kind, just let me know whenever you are ready....
              07-14-2019, 03:19 PM
            • meflick
              Reply to Conversations
              by meflick
              Thanks to the Magazine that was in my mailbox on Fri, I know what a Unicorn ๐Ÿฆ„ Spit is. โ˜บ๏ธ I will be looking for some to try as well. No cookies here, trying to cut back on the sugar. ๐Ÿ˜” But I agree, if Elliott wants to think you made them, who are we to argue. ๐Ÿ˜‰ my day was great, we recently...
              07-14-2019, 03:16 PM
            Working...
            X