No announcement yet.

Decided to try some portraits, my late son (age 29), my father, and John Wayne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decided to try some portraits, my late son (age 29), my father, and John Wayne

Decided to do a special Christmas present for my wife, our son Sean Patrick died two years ago at Christmas time so I took one of the pictures I have of him and did a scroll saw portrait of him. Since I came out ok I also did one of my father in the Marines after Iwo Jima, John Wayne and the Minuteman statue.

I used Baltic Birch, 1/8" for the one of Sean and the Minuteman and 1/4" for the other two. I use a Dewalt 788 I got about 15 years ago but hardly have used.

Wow, Jeff, those are really good. Did you make the patterns?
    Denny
    ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

Sorry for your loss, Jeff. I’m sure your wife will cherish your gift for many years to come.

I hope your use of the scroll saw brings you pleasure and satisfaction. Your work is lovely.
      Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

Jeff excellent work on all of these. I am sure your family will cherish the ones of your beloved son and your father for sure. I am sorry for the loss of your son. I cannot imagine the grief and pain your family endured in losing him so young. I pray that you are finding healing and peace. Thank you for sharing your work.
        Melanie from East TN

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy Oaks View Post
          Wow, Jeff, those are really good. Did you make the patterns?
          I made the patterns for my son and the one of my Dad, the John Wayne and the Minuteman were commercial patterns.

Comment

Nice work on a really great way to remember a loved one. Be sure to notate on the rear who the person is and appropriate dates. Nothing worse than finding old photos that you are sure are relatives but there is no identification.
            "Time to Give Back"

Comment

Well done Jeff. The patterns you made are great!

I am sorry for the loss of your son. It is a heartbreak we should never have to endure.

Karl
              Karl in Sunny Southwest Florida

Comment

Originally posted by Misouri Wayne View Post
                Nice work on a really great way to remember a loved one. Be sure to notate on the rear who the person is and appropriate dates. Nothing worse than finding old photos that you are sure are relatives but there is no identification.
                Great point and agree. We have lots of older photos no one seems to know who they are.
                Melanie from East TN

Comment

So sorry for your loss Jeff. Your works are amazing. I pray that the time spent making and looking at those wonderful tributes help with your family's healing.
                  Scott
                  Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Wonderful work, and prayers for your Loss.

Comment

Excellent designs and cutting. Prayers to you and your family.
                      Rolf
                      RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                      Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                      Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                      And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Originally posted by meflick View Post

Great point and agree. We have lots of older photos no one seems to know who they are.
                        I'm doing some Ancestry.com stuff and I get pictures from relatives and know some of the folks in the pictures, but others are lost to time. It is frustrating.
                        Jim
                        When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
                        Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X