The Victory Cross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Victory Cross

I really enjoyed making this cross. The plans called for cutting from blood wood, and cutting the letters and angels from brass. Instead I cut the front, center and back parts from Sapele and dyed with red Transtint dye. For the letters and angels I used maple, sealed with shellac then finished with gold paint. Unfortunately, I cannot find the other photos I took of it. I brought the cross along with a few other samples to a hobby show at our church one day, and one of the ladies immediately got out her check book and wrote me a check for the $300 I told her was the price.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    Manufacturer Of Heirloom Quality Sawdust

I wasn't born in the south, but I got here as fast as I could!

Dewalt DW788 Hegner Maximat 18

Very nice. I really would like to have seen a close up, but I'm sure it went to a good home.
    Floyd
    ♥♥ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♥♥

Comment

Amazing how some people will see workmanship an pay for it and others can’t see paying enough to cover the cost of the finish. Were did you get the plans? Very nice cross!!

Comment

You're right on price. The people who understand quality know that they get what they pay for. Very nice---and thank you for taking a pic with you holding it, as it adds to size perspective.
        Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

The picture says Dirk Boleman design. Theartfactory.com on page 3 under religious patterns.
          Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Beautiful piece and a fair price.
            Rolf
            RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
            Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
            Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
            And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Great job Brother. I have seen your works up close and they are amazing.
              Scott
              Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Awww, y'all are too kind, (blush). I need to make another, and the dividing wood between the 3 main parts of the cross is white oak. I had taken pictures and sent them to Dirk explaining what I had done, and he had a lot of nice things to say. I sure do miss him.

Comment

I found this photo of the Cross on display at the County Fair. It's also on display with another cross and 2 clocks at an event at the Klingspors Woodworking Store in Raleigh awhile back. Having more than one entry in the same divisions caught me competing against myself. The Rhinelander Clock on the left won the Woodworkers Choice Award. And it came with money!!!
                  You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                  This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• robdperry
                    New from Port Angeles Washington
                    by robdperry
                    Using the Forum to make a decision on purchasing my first scroll saw instead of a drone.
                    Today, 01:52 PM
                  • garryatpa
                    Reply to Vintage scroll saw identification
                    by garryatpa
                    Just looking at The New Scroll Saw Handbook by Patrick Spielman and found a picture of this saw on page 47. Make is unknown and photo was submitted by a Henry Aldinger. Is submitted as an early electric scroll saw.

Garry
                    Today, 01:40 PM
                  • Rolf
                    Clock hardware Kits.
                    by Rolf
                    A new member ralph123 left me a private message. Asking if I still provided kits for the Wooden gear clock in the Summer 2013 issue if SSWWC.
                    Ralph I sent you a private message.

Yes I do still make the kits.
                    Today, 08:49 AM
                  • Rolf
                    Reply to A Bear In The Woods
                    by Rolf
                    I checked out that site and found a CNC/ SVG file for $1.99 plus $25 shipping! for a digital file NOPE....
                    Today, 08:38 AM
                  • will8989
                    Reply to Phone call from son.
                    by will8989
                    Talked to him yesterday after he was coherent. Very fortunately, it was dc current. He said ac current and would have ended differently. And it wasn’t a house. It was a converter box in a marina located on a deck cut into a 20’ high steep bank. They had to climb a ladder to get to it. And they were...
                    Yesterday, 10:53 PM
                  Working...
                  X