Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm just a sawer of a rock and roll band.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm just a sawer of a rock and roll band.

I finished cutting the first of many Steve Good's stickman (people?) patterns.

I cut this out of 1/4" alder and there is no stain or finish yet. I think I will wait till I do more and finish them all together. I did not stack cut these, but I plan to on others I may give away.

BTW, 5 points to anyone who tells me the title reference above and the music group!

Disclaimer: Points have no monetary value and cannot be redeemed for anything of any value.

Karl
    Karl in Sunny Southwest Florida

The Beatles....or the Monkees! Absolutely great. I could see these selling really quickly at local musical instrument stores or events. Crud....I just dated myself
    Last edited by Linda In Phoenix; 04-09-2018, 12:19 AM. Reason: after thought
    Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

Excellently done Karl. There was a band back in the 70's and 80's called Styx. Thanks for sharing these with us.

DW
      Life is hard. It is even harder when you are being stupid.
      John Wayne

Comment

Song by the Moody Blues called, "I'm Just a Singer (in a Rock & Roll Band)." Back in the early 70's, I believe.
        Homer : "Oh, and how is education supposed to make me feel smarter. Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain."

Comment

They definitely look like fun. Is Alder a hard wood?
          Rolf
          RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
          Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
          Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
          And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Karl, those look like fun. Easy to cut?
            Denny
            ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

That's right - Moody Blues.

Rolf - Alder is not a hard wood as far as I'm concerned. I'd say around pine's density, but straighter grain.

Denny - Yes they were easy to cut especially since they were not stacked.

Karl

Comment

Hey Karl - This is my kind of scrolling! Fun looking and very attractive figures with personality.
                Were these your own design or is there a pattern that can be purchased

As for the title - I came to late to the show...

One of the first 10 vinyl records I bought was the Moody Blues first album, Days of Future Past, released in 1967 when I was 17 years old, with the iconic track 'Nights in White Satin' . I'd just left school and had a little spare cash to spend at the end of each week and over the next 5 years I bought all of their albums up to Seventh Sojourn in 1972 on which the track your title parodies was present. I then drifted away from them for a good while but have recently started playing some of my favorites tracks again.

A really great group!

Jim in Mexico

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.
                - Albert Einstein

Comment

Those are neat. There are all kinds of stick men. You could populate a whole town with them.
                  Tony

My Son-in-law said "Darnit, I cut this board twice, now. And it's still too short."

Comment

Jim,

The patterns are Steve Good's patterns. He has now done 13 patterns with one being a chess set and board which he sells on an honor system for $5. The rest are free on his site. Here is the link for his catalog: http://www.stevedgood.com/catalog/index.php

As for the Moody Blues I just saw them in February for the first and probably last time. I have enjoyed their music for a number of years which started when I was in college from 79 - 84.

Karl

Comment

Thanks Karl for the link. I should have guess they were from Steve. I used to get regular updates of his posts but have been out of touch for a long time.

I'll definitely be looking at these!
                      Jim in Mexico

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.
                      - Albert Einstein

Comment

Very nice Karl. I love all the stickmen patterns Steve is populating the world with. My kitchen cabinets are Alder wood. It is a beautiful wood when finished. Have not tried cutting any of it yet though. Although I did pickup a small piece a week or so ago to try out. Thanks for sharing.
                        Melanie from East TN

Comment

These are too cute. I'll have to get the patterns to make a couple of sets for musician friends. Thanks for posting.
                          Jo Labre - in beautiful Racine, Wisconsin

Mostly, I don't know what I am doing - but I am doing it with GUSTO!

Comment

Moody Blues. Boy, does that bring back some memories. Saw them in the mid-70's. Was about 20 years old I think. Was impressed by the symphonic orchestra that accompanied them, and also by the way they dressed. A kind of tuxedo or something like that. Gonna have to look up some of their stuff on Amazon Prime tomorrow at work.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X