First project

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First project

First real project, Sue Mey pattern, local milled Black Walnut, approx 5/8 thick, hand sawed the piece for fret part to approx 1/4 thick, stacked to cut. Base is original thickness same board.
    Made for my better half.

Nice job for your first real project. I am sure your better half loves it. Thanks for sharing.
    Melanie from East TN

Comment

Thanks for the kind words, yes she actually likes it quite a bit, normally things I make dont please her as much, but her theme is Palm Trees, Flamingoes.

Comment

Pleasing the better half is an admiral goal. I'm glad she liked it. Keep up the good work. Thanks for showing us.
        Stoney aka Al

This gettin old stuff ain't for sissies!

Comment

Great first real project. And if I read this correctly you sliced the wood with a hand saw? That in itself is impressive.
          Rolf
          RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
          Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
          Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
          And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Rolf thanks, yes I cut the piece for the fretwork in 2 with a thin pullsaw.

Comment

Very impressive first project. But like Rolf, I am amazed that the pieces were cut with a hand saw.
              Denny
              ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

Very nice. I don't know if you planned this or not, but the grain is just perfect. It makes it look like the palm leaves are blowing in the wind. I can see me using a hand saw to slice wood - not.
                Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Thank you for the kind words....and in terms of the grain, my better half suggested which pieces to use, and the orientation. Hand sawing, well had no choice, I wont try and slice on table saw, and piece was too tall for little bandsaw, so .....
                  Last edited by ptofimpact; 02-13-2018, 07:40 AM.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• leehljp
                    Reply to Interesting Hegner Patent
                    leehljp
                    Me - also! I drove from Memphis to Dallas yesterday in heavy rain all the way. Could not use the cruise control. My leg was in a knot.

Having said that, I can sit still at the scroll saw for about an 30 minutes at the most before I have to move around; On the lathe, I can also stand in...
                    Today, 11:51 AM
                  • tgiro01
                    Reply to Super Max 19-38 real test.
                    tgiro01
                    I've lured a husky neighbor with the promise of a turned pen. Now we are just waiting for the d()*& rain to stop so we can get the minivan around to the back steps into the basement, and get it down stairs. All my neighbors know that, when they help me - they walk away with a priceless work of art...
                    Today, 10:47 AM
                  • Rolf
                    Reply to Super Max 19-38 real test.
                    Rolf
                    Scrappile I like that engine hoist. When we moved into this house back in 96 One of the first things I did was put a loft in the garage and provided a place to hang a chain hoist for working on my car. The roll around hoist has some advantages over my setup.
                    Today, 10:30 AM
                  • Rolf
                    Reply to Interesting Hegner Patent
                    Rolf
                    I have two variable speed controllers one is on my Digital embroidery machine(inherited from my Mom) and I also have a Rampower carver with the electronic foot pedal. The variable speed on both of those gives much more control. especially on the power carver....
                    Today, 10:22 AM
                  • Rolf
                    Reply to One For My Quiting Wife
                    Rolf
                    Which Quilting machine?...
                    Today, 10:10 AM
                  Working...
                  X