First project

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First project

First real project, Sue Mey pattern, local milled Black Walnut, approx 5/8 thick, hand sawed the piece for fret part to approx 1/4 thick, stacked to cut. Base is original thickness same board.
    Made for my better half.

Nice job for your first real project. I am sure your better half loves it. Thanks for sharing.
    Melanie from East TN

Comment

Thanks for the kind words, yes she actually likes it quite a bit, normally things I make dont please her as much, but her theme is Palm Trees, Flamingoes.

Comment

Pleasing the better half is an admiral goal. I'm glad she liked it. Keep up the good work. Thanks for showing us.
        Stoney aka Al

This gettin old stuff ain't for sissies!

Comment

Great first real project. And if I read this correctly you sliced the wood with a hand saw? That in itself is impressive.
          Rolf
          RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
          Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
          Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
          And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Rolf thanks, yes I cut the piece for the fretwork in 2 with a thin pullsaw.

Comment

Very impressive first project. But like Rolf, I am amazed that the pieces were cut with a hand saw.
              Denny
              ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

Very nice. I don't know if you planned this or not, but the grain is just perfect. It makes it look like the palm leaves are blowing in the wind. I can see me using a hand saw to slice wood - not.
                Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Thank you for the kind words....and in terms of the grain, my better half suggested which pieces to use, and the orientation. Hand sawing, well had no choice, I wont try and slice on table saw, and piece was too tall for little bandsaw, so .....
                  Last edited by ptofimpact; 02-13-2018, 06:40 AM.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• octoolguy
                    Reply to Spiral Basket
                    octoolguy
                    I've watched many of Alex Fox's videos. You did a fine job on this one. I will have to give it a try....
                    Today, 03:02 PM
                  • mowerman1193
                    Reply to Pegas Blade Chuck?
                    mowerman1193
                    Hmm, I read on another message board that the thumb screws are the same size.. and they said they used their screws they had from their old clamp because they had bought some special steel ones with a knurled knob.. so I guess I would assume the screws would work.. then I also read where the only difference...
                    Today, 02:48 PM
                  • bhenr99
                    Reply to Pegas Blade Chuck?
                    bhenr99
                    I called suppliers of the Pegas blade holder and none of them could answer if parts were available.I asked mainly for the tip replacement on the thumb screw.
                    Today, 08:27 AM
                  • Rolf
                    Reply to Great Poplar
                    Rolf
                    Beautiful colors it is a shame that it doesn't stay that way.
                    Today, 08:18 AM
                  • Rolf
                    Reply to Lowes Picking up Craftsman Hand Tools
                    Rolf
                    I was never a fan of Craftsman power tools. I always though they were for "homeowner duty" and for most normal usage they are great. For heavy duty usage I go with higher end brands. My dad was a big fan. The only Craftsman tools I used heavily and still do are the mechanical ones, wrenches...
                    Today, 08:09 AM
                  Working...
                  X