Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In response to the "Lookers" thread .......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In response to the "Lookers" thread .......

I've been feeling a bit guilty ever since the "Lookers" thread was started a month ago.

Like others - I had moved over to the Village and enjoy being a regular participant there. I have still always read and been an occasional poster on this forum but haven't shared photos of my work for a long time.

So ......

This thread is gonna try to deal with that shortfall .....

What you see is pretty much this years work on the scrollsaw - if you are a regular participant at the Village you will have already seen these - and having said that I will get into the habit of posting pictures on both sites.

A short explanation of a couple of the projects:

- the horses and harnesses on the Fire Engine Clocks come from Kulp Model Horse Store ( http://kulpmodelhorsestore.com/ ). The pattern for these clocks was purchased through Wildwood some years ago.

- the lighthouse is Cabot Head Lighthouse on the Bruce Peninsula in Ontario - the pattern is my own

- the cliff scene is Old Woman Bay on the north shore of Lake Superior. If you have driven from Thunder Bay to Sault Ste. Marie in Ontario you will likely have stopped at this spot. DonR worked with me on the pattern.

- the vintage car patterns for the key rings were taken from free pattern vault at the Village.

- the golfer and hummingbird patterns came from Sue Mey - the burl on both bookends is Australian Red Mali

Right now I've just started working on my second fleet of Kayaking Moose - but because our little town bills itself as the "Canoeing Capital of Canada" it seems prudent to trade the kayaks in for canoes ....

Think that is about it - be glad to answer any questions or hear any comments or suggestions you might have.

Jay

IMG_0711 - Copy.jpgIMG_0701.jpgIMG_1014_edited-1.jpgIMG_0733_edited-1.jpg20170509_141822_edited-1.jpg20170621_080025_edited-1.jpgIMG_1308_edited-1.jpgIMG_1289_edited-1.jpg

That is really beautiful work. Thanks for posting.
    Denny
    ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

Jay welcome here too. Beautiful work. I love the clocks... should I buy a pattern? destroy my New Years resolution before I even get to New Years...

The bookends (the hummingbird ones I remember well. Probably the most beautiful bookend I have seen in my lifetime. Great pictures and frames. Did you make the frames? I'm thinking you did. All awesome stuff. I look forward to the future posts.
      AKA Paul from Washington State
      Hegner Multimax 22-V and Seyco ST-21

Comment

Glad you are back and sharing your exquisite work with us.
        ♥♥ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♥♥

Comment

Stunning workmanship Jay! I like the matte (or flat) finish. Well done!

Karl
          Karl in Sunny Southwest Florida

Comment

Really appreciate the compliments - I find it hard to believe but I've been playing with the scrollsaw for just shy of 6 years now and gotta tell you that everything I learned about using the scrollsaw was learned from folks who shared their knowledge on one of these two forums.

Thanks,

Jay

Comment

Wow, those all look great...I love see this type of stuff...
              trout
              Hawk G-4 Jetcraft
              Fish are food, not friends!

Comment

The fretwork looks like hammered copper! Just beautiful! And I'm not typically a big fretwork fan.

The way you take the scrolled pieces to another level, with the frames, etc. to form an artistic unit, is amazing. I love when attention is paid to the little details that make all the difference.

Glad to have you back, and looking forward to seeing more of your lovely work.
                Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

Jay all I can say is WOW!!!!! Thank you for sharing those beautiful pieces.
                  Scott
                  Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Jay, while I am one of those people who visit both spots and have seen your work shared over there, its always great to give it a 2nd look over here as well. Your work shows you are a master of the craft and as Carole noted, the total overall finish of the pieces with the little details sets your work apart in many ways. I really loved those bookends. Thanks for sharing in both spots.
                    Melanie from East TN

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X