Fair win

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fair win

First time getting Grand Champion at the country fair. Last three years I had got Champion. This year I won over all the other open class projects not just the wood class. The pattern is from Scroller mag so not sure who made it. The clock is a Sue Mey pattern. She lets you pick if you want the clock at the top or bottom. Also I used a smaller insert than she showed.

Congrats on the win. Both pieces are lovely, and the award is certainly deserved!

PS Wear eye protection anyway, so you can go at least another 7 years without a hitch! 😉
    Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

Congratulations on a well deserved award. Both came out fantastic. Thanks for sharing them with us.

DW
      Life is hard. It is even harder when you are being stupid.
      John Wayne

Comment

Wow. Well deserved ribbons for sure. Our fair started doing some new rules about 2 years ago. Entries into "Home Arts" can be just about any design. Entries into "Fine Arts" have to be original designs. I know a couple of scrollers who used to compete in Fine Arts, especially using JGR patterns. They were none too happy that they couldn't compete in the same categorys any more. Nuances. I think even using a pattern each piece looks so unique. But it's absolutely commendable of you to acknowledge the designer of the pattern you used. It's to your credit that you changed things up and made your pieces the delights that they are!
        Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

Congrats on the recognition. Your work is super.
          Scott
          Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Well deserved recognition!
            Rolf
            RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
            Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
            Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
            And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse