Grandson Cutting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grandson Cutting

Here is my latest pattern and cutting of my grandson-to-be. He is 3 yrs old and I could not resist trying to pattern this photo. Comments welcome! I stack cut 4 - 1/8 BB, 2/0 spiral, Duraseal Neutral sealer and 3 coats of spray Deft Semi-gloss. Feels good to be using the saw again even if just for a short time.

Tim
    Attached Files
    "All it Takes For the Forces of EVIL to Rule Is For Enough GOOD People To DO NOTHING!"

Saws: Excaliber 30; Dewalt 788 'Twins', Makita SJ401 (Retired), Grizzly G1012 18" Bandsaw

portrait

Hi Tim; very nice cutting. I like the hairdo too. Greg.

Comment

Beautiful portrait. One to treasure for many years.
      Diane
      Dragon
      Owner of a nice 21" Excalibur
      Owner of a Dewalt 788
      PuffityDragon on AFSP

Comment

Tim,
        Nice job. I am sure that his first date will really like to see it.
        Tom

Comment

Now there's a salutary lesson in how to pick a photograph that's suitable for adaptation into a shadow portrait pattern. Smashing job all round .

Gill
          There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
          (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

Thats a great job you did there on both the cutting and the pattern Tim. Geting rid of the background from the photo really let you focus on the cute kid and you captured the expression perfectly. Oh, and the hair style is a hoot - who said punk was dead ? LOL
            Ian

Scrolling with a Dewalt 788

Comment

very nice.....I second Ian's comment about the background....but I think it is totally unfair that he copied my hairstyle...lol.....good stuff all around...Jayne
              Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not; a sense of humor to console him for what he is. ~Francis Bacon

Comment

Originally posted by Meiglan
                very nice.....I second Ian's comment about the background....but I think it is totally unfair that he copied my hairstyle...lol
                After a comment like that I think we need a pic of your hairstyle, Jayne ..
                Ian

Scrolling with a Dewalt 788

Comment

ok....I have 4....one when I get up in the morning....one after I have been wearing my face mask for 6 hours...another one when I get home from work after a carwreck of a day and finally the one where I am all dressed up with no where to go....(looks just like his)lol.....actually.....this is the real me Jayne
                  Attached Files
                  Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not; a sense of humor to console him for what he is. ~Francis Bacon

Comment

Nice job, awesome picture to pattern from. You sure did a good job with the pattern. That portrait you made will be highly valued for a long long time.
                    Hawk G4
                    http://www.scrollsawer.com/gallery/s...00/ppuser/4243

Comment

Great job Tim. You really captured his expression well.

Jayne, I think you're quite cute in your photo.
                      Mike

Making sawdust with a Dremel 1680.
                      www.picturetrail.com/naturephotos

Comment

That is a great pattern and a very nice cutting! That boy will be bragging about that for years.
                        Joel

Comment

lol...thanks Mike....but maybe a bit of a cut might be in order...Jayne

Comment

ALL for your kind comments! It was one of those photos that was just calling out to be cut. He still gets the 'hair' now and then. I gave copies to his mom, Uncle and Aunt, Grandma and great Grandpa. Great Grandpa thought it was drawn on the wood at first then had to come over and check out my Dewalts. He has a 1940's Craftsman scrollsaw that only takes large pinned blades and couldn't figure out how I cut it.

Tim
                            "All it Takes For the Forces of EVIL to Rule Is For Enough GOOD People To DO NOTHING!"

Saws: Excaliber 30; Dewalt 788 'Twins', Makita SJ401 (Retired), Grizzly G1012 18" Bandsaw

Comment

Love the hair nice job.Jerry
                              Don't worry be scrolling

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                                Reply to Phone call from son.
                                by will8989
                                Talked to him yesterday after he was coherent. Very fortunately, it was dc current. He said ac current and would have ended differently. And it wasn’t a house. It was a converter box in a marina located on a deck cut into a 20’ high steep bank. They had to climb a ladder to get to it. And they were...
                                Yesterday, 10:53 PM
                              • garryatpa
                                Reply to A Bear In The Woods
                                by garryatpa
                                Wow!!!! That is beautiful. Super job of sawing. If I worked it out correctly it took you less than a minute for each opening especially when I look at the amount of time it would take to saw the outline of the bear. Garry
                                Yesterday, 10:43 PM
                              • meflick
                                Reply to Phone call from son.
                                by meflick
                                Glad to hear your son is fine Betty but what a scary thing.
                                Yesterday, 01:10 PM
                              • meflick
                                Reply to Hello from Central Florida
                                by meflick
                                Welcome to the forum from another Tennessean....
                                Yesterday, 01:04 PM
                              • John Smith
                                Reply to Hello from Central Florida
                                by John Smith
                                Thanks guys, I have a lot of HDU left over from my sign business in various thicknesses.
                                HDU doesn't "fuse" or repair itself under heat or friction. Only acrylics and some PVC materials do that. Depending on what part of the world you are in, you would have to google HDU Distributors...
                                Yesterday, 10:01 AM
                              Working...
                              X