Plexiglass Dragon clock done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plexiglass Dragon clock done

I did this for the guy I buy my plexiglass from, Thanks to everyone for the tips on cutting plexiglass and thanks for looking.Jerry
    Attached Files
    Don't worry be scrolling

Let's hope your contact feels inspired to send more plexi your way at a discount as a result of this, Jerry. I know I would !

Gill
    There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
    (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

I'm with Gill!! Pretty cool!!!!

Andy
      Shoot for the moon. If you miss you'll be headed for a star! www.80artdesigns.com

Comment

Neato. Plexiglass is kinda fun to cut isn't it? It makes for a nice change of pace. You did justice to the plexi, Jerry.
        Mike

Making sawdust with a Dremel 1680.
        www.picturetrail.com/naturephotos

Comment

Hi Jerry, I have never done a piece with plexi ut you may have just inspired me to give it a try. Your supplier should be giving you good discounts from now on. That is an excellent piece af art my friend. What blades and at what speeds did you use and did you have any trouble? Steve
          If This HillBilly Can't Fix it Then it Ain't Broke!!!
          My Gallery
          [email protected]

Comment

Very nice and in blue. Wow! I may look into plexiglass in the future.
            Diane
            Dragon
            Owner of a nice 21" Excalibur
            Owner of a Dewalt 788
            PuffityDragon on AFSP

Comment

Very nice Jerry, great job
              Chuck D

When a work lifts your spirits and inspires bold and noble thoughts in you, do not look for any other standard to judge by: the work is good, the product of a master craftsman.
              Jean De La Bruyere...

l
              Hegner 18, Delta p-20, Griz 14 inch Band saw

Comment

WOW! I know I'm going to try cutting plexi glass for something different to cut!! Very cool indeed!!

Hey BobD, did you get all the information on the blades for cutting plexi? Maybe you can put it in the mag somewhere. This is stuff I want to remember but forget and also forget where I saw it!

Betty
                Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Originally posted by will8989
                  This is stuff I want to remember but forget and also forget where I saw it!

Betty
                  Betty, you're a grandmother now. That's the only excuse you need.
                  Mike

Making sawdust with a Dremel 1680.
                  www.picturetrail.com/naturephotos

Comment

ok, but what's my excust for forgetting up until he was born?

Betty
                    Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

That looks excelent Jerry. I too am inspired. The blue seems almost iridescent. Great detail too.
                      Maybe you could give us the name of your supplier. I've looked, but can only find 1/8" plexy. I would really like to get my hands on some 1/4" stuff.
                      Jim

The limits of the imagination are imaginary.
                      No task is too tedious for Art.
                      Rock and Scroll

My Gallery

My Website
                      Featherwood Woodcrafts

Comment

Thank you all very much, Steve I used the Olson 2/0 spiral blades and kept the saw a moderate speed not to fast yet not to slow don't stay in one spot very long though. I also put packing tape on the back side and never even had to sand.Thanks again to all of you.Jerry

BTW I used a forsner bit to drill the clock hole but I suggest you cut it with your saw as it got very hot and made the hole a little bigger than needed.
                        Last edited by DukeNukem; 06-30-2007, 06:32 AM.
                        Don't worry be scrolling

Comment

Jerry; fantastic cutting and color, plexi looks like fun. Greg.

Comment

Nice job. Did you do anything to finish the edges? I seem to remember reading somewhere that applying ligher fluid on the cut edge and igniting it makes it smooth again.
                            Mike

Craftsman 16" VS, Puros Indios and Sam Adams!
                            Scrollin' since Jun/2006

My Gallery

http://scrollcrafters.com (reciprocal links welcomed)

Comment

That's very cool Jerry! Excellent job. We use a lot of plex at work for different types of signage, since we've been working 12 to 14 hours a day for the last couple months, I'm sure there's a lot of nice scraps I can bring home and play with.
                              Joel

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X