OK drag race fans...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK drag race fans...

here's a quickie I did over the weekend for an old race buddy of mine from the 60's. York US 30 Drag-O-Way was a big thing on weekends around here in the 60's. We used to get Friday night fever ... we'd take the cars off the road, re-jet the carbs, change the gearing, throw the slicks in the trunk and take off for the 'drags' on saturday morning. We'd spend most of the day sucking down soda and food and inhaling clorox burn-outs and nitro-methane fumes. Then hope we didn't break something we couldn't fix for Mondays ride to work. And we wonder now why we have an occaisonal 60's flash back!
    Attached Files
    Pop
    Delta 16" 40-530
    Ryobi 16" VS

"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember it was amateurs that built the ARK but Professionals that built the Titanic!"

Very kewl cutting Pop.
    Kevin
    Scrollsaw Patterns Online
    Making holes in wood with an EX-30, Craftsman 16" VS, Dremel 1680 and 1671

Comment

Sweet! Go Mopar!
      Bill

DeWalt 788

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....

Comment

nice Pops now those were the good old days, pedal to the metal turn and burn
        Daryl S. Walters Psycotic scroller with a DeWalt 788

Comment

Awesome ... dusted some of the cobwebs from the distant corners of my mind with your description too. Nice way to start the day. Thanks Pops!

Andy
          Shoot for the moon. If you miss you'll be headed for a star! www.80artdesigns.com

Comment

Cool!
            We had our own U.S. 30 Dragstrip in Hobart, IN. All the top names were here at one time or another. There were occasional Friday night meets, but mostly it was SUNDAAAAAAAY at beautiful U.S. 30 dragstrip. I spent many a day and evening there when I was younger.
            Fred

There's a fine line between woodworking and insanity, I'm just not sure which side of the line I'm on!

Comment

Nice work, Pop.
              Ian

Scrolling with a Dewalt 788

Comment

Stirred up some dust and cobwebs in my mind too I live only about 1 1/2 hrs from Rockingham NC. Sweet memories ....well those I can recall anyway

MOPAR or no car !!

Good job Pop
                ...~Robert~
                DW788 and Hawk 226

" Please let me grow to be the man my dog thinks I am "

Comment

Grew up listening to my dad telling of his drag racing in the 50's & 60's, drove to the track, raced and if it broke had someone pull them home. How things have changed, but is sure is good to think back to "the good ol' days" huh?

Nice job on the cutting too.
                  Troy

Scrollin' with DeWalt DW788

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X