project in the making

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• project in the making

After 21 years in the Air Force and 5 trips to the sand pile son has decided to put his shingle ou and up He retired from the air force in Feb this year so decided to make him this plaque.
    Tell me the good or bad coments i have big shoulders and now is the time to improve it Thanks Jerry
    Attached Files

Honestly...looks like something to be very proud of. Nice work!
    Jeff Powell

Comment

Although the letters seem a little misplaced, I too think you done good. What is that glittery background you used? I like it, and can think of a couple projects I have here that would really look good with that backing. and a note to your son from me... for protecting my country and my freedom! Dale
      Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

project

Thanks for the in put it isn t glued yet nor painted as for the glittery back ground it is like contact paper made by a company i had them give me a few sheets not sure i can get any more sorry

I'll give son your thanks knowing he will like to hear the postive as he has heard the Neg alot

Comment

I think it looks great, I would like to find the backing in gold for the pig I just finished.Looks great.Jerry
          Don't worry be scrolling

Comment

Hi Jerry,

I know your son will like it! For those of you looking for that Metal Flake backing. If you have a Hobby Lobby Store in your area, they have something like it for about $2 each for a 12"X12" sheet in several colors.

Rick
            Old Scrollers Never Die...They Just Saw Away!

Comment

If that background is 'paper -ish', you might consider what will happen when moisture hits it. An alternative would be Blue Mirror Acrylic.

Comment

GF, I think you forgot the CH in front of the AIR. Just kidding ya', I tell my retired Air Force Dad that line all the time. I think you did good and he will be mighty proud to have it. I thought of puling the plug myself as my 20 year mark is in May but I am going to be a super lifer and stay until 30 if they let me.

Once again, good work, and congrats to your boy for making it through the gaunlet.
                Todd

Hawk G4, Dremel 1800

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Jim McDonald
                  Reply to Delta Q3 fuse question
                  by Jim McDonald
                  Twenty years in electronics retail and here is a quick dirty way to tell the difference:
                  a fast blow will only have the wire element. Slow blow almost always has some extra structure that will be left behind after the fuse blows.
                  Secondly, there is a series of three letter engraved on one...
                  Yesterday, 08:54 PM
                • Ennobee
                  Reply to Looking For Mom and Baby Animal Pattern
                  by Ennobee
                  They look like David Spielmann's Designs to me. I will check my library this evening, but I bet you already that they are from one of his pattern books.
                  Yesterday, 01:55 PM
                • jim_mex
                  Reply to My first decent furniture project - Welding and woodwork combined
                  by jim_mex
                  Thanks all - you folks do wonders for my ego with your comments and importantly fire me up to keep trying new things

Scott - once this Covid situation has passed I'll definitely be heading up to NC. I'm tentatively thinking late spring/early summer next year. I am not sure just what pointers...
                  Yesterday, 01:35 PM
                • JustLarry
                  Reply to Delta Q3 fuse question
                  by JustLarry
                  I found this information on fuses in general.

Blowing type. Fast-blow fuses will blow as soon as the current reaches the fuse's amperage rating, while slow-blow fuses are designed to tolerate a large number of startup surges and modest short-term overloads without blowing.
                  Fast-blow...
                  Yesterday, 12:56 PM
                • Rolf
                  Reply to Giraffe sold at charity auction
                  by Rolf
                  WOW! That is exciting.
                  Yesterday, 09:42 AM
                Working...
                X