Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will8989
    replied
    Excellent! I'll have to add that one to my stock. Have you ever tried cutting dragons from 1/4 sawn sycamore? I think you'll like the results. That's my favorite for cutting dragons. Now, do you sleep in your shop or something? Or do you have little elves working for you? Send some my way.

Betty

Leave a comment:

• PeteB
    replied
    Originally posted by PuzzledMoose
    ROTFL the "e" escaped from the end of Pete - I doubt most of the board know what the hell you're talking about though, Kevin ..
    Well, I thought "mate" or "old sod" might have been more appropriate as a form of address between friends, but appreciated the sentiment.

Pete

Leave a comment:

• PuzzledMoose
    replied
    Originally posted by pitbull
    Thanks for the complimen, pet. Chinese Elmwood? I've never heard of that one - I'll have to look it up ..

Leave a comment:

• Mackem
    replied
    Thanks for the complimen, pet. Chinese Elmwood? I've never heard of that one - I'll have to look it up ..

Leave a comment:

• Dragon
    replied
    Ian
    Just checked about the other magazine and if I ordered a subscription they would only start me with the August issue. I guess I missed out on this one.
    Diane

Leave a comment:

• PuzzledMoose
    replied

Leave a comment:

• PeteB
    replied
    Ian, this is a fantastic cutting. You've been doing a lot of great work!

I agree that if you do this again you should go for exotic lumber. Yeah, bloodwood or how about Chinese elmwood?

Pete

Leave a comment:

• Dragon
    replied
    I don't get the other magazine.

This magazine offered me a free issue and it gave me the incentive to get a 2 year subscription.
    The "other" magazine does not have a free issue and therefore I don't know how it is. I cannot find it up where I live. Also the price is double what this one is. I'm sure I am missing out on some nice patterns but I will have to live with it for now.
    Diane

Leave a comment:

• PuzzledMoose
    replied
    Originally posted by Dragon
    Ian
    This dragon is lovely. I've looked at dragon clocks and will eventually make on for myself. Your work is superb as always.
    Diane
    Thanks Diane - hey did you see the Jeff Zaffino dragon pattern in the latest copy of the "other" magazine? Now that looks like a challenge! Think I'll practise a bit more with spirals before I attempt that one ..

Leave a comment:

• Dragon
    replied
    Ian
    This dragon is lovely. I've looked at dragon clocks and will eventually make on for myself. Your work is superb as always.
    Diane

Leave a comment:

• Minnesota scroller
    replied
    Ian, you've gotten more experience scrolling in the last few months than most people get in years. You are turning out some very excellent work. Either you're retired or you don't need sleep.

Leave a comment:

• bearfretworks
    replied
    Originally posted by PuzzledMoose
    WTD have another one here that I fancy getting the pattern for - and yes Barry I'd already thought of bloodwood for it .. even if it is a bit pricey ..:-)
    Yep, but all that does is increase your profit....

Leave a comment:

• ozarkhillbilly
    replied
    Very nice dragon pattern, and an excellent cutting.
    Keep them coming!

Leave a comment:

• PuzzledMoose
    replied
    Thanks again everyone.

Gill and Chris - the pattern is a White tails design one - though I got mine through Wooden Teddy Bear.

WTD have another one here that I fancy getting the pattern for - and yes Barry I'd already thought of bloodwood for it .. even if it is a bit pricey ..:-)

http://www.whitetaildesignsltd.com/c...gonclocks.html

Leave a comment:

• DukeNukem
    replied
    Very nice job I think I just ordered that one from scroller ltd or very similar to it great job.DukeNukem

Leave a comment:

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X