Here be Dragons ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here be Dragons ..

Latest cutting - dragon clock 1/2inch oak - finished with BLO. 2" clock. Cut with FD SR #1.

And yes the clock needs straightening ....
    Attached Files
    Ian

Scrolling with a Dewalt 788

yet another great masterpiece. You make my postings of finish work look like a babies wooden alphabet block. LOL
    Wouldn't worry about straightening the clock, it got the kink out of my neck lookng at. LOL

Comment

Super duper !

There's some fine veining and bridges in that piece; you did well to cut them successfully. Whose pattern is it?

Gill
      There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
      (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

That's wonderful!

Yes, I'd love to know where the pattern comes from too.

Chris
        "If you march your Winter Journeys you will have your reward, so long as all you want is a penguin's egg."

Saws: AWSF18, Meccano Mk II

Comment

Nice work Ian, you turn things out like a machine.
          If you aren't selling or giving them away you must have stacks of your cuttings.
          By the way do you have a job? If you do you must not be getting any sleep. LOL

Bob
          Delta P-20 & Q-3

I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me!

Comment

Great job, even the oak looks nice

That pattern would also be killer cut in a piece of bloodwood or redheart......
            ‎"Orphans are easier to ignore before you know their names. They're easier to ignore before you see their faces. It's easier to pretend they're not real before you hold them in your arms. But once you do, everything changes."

D. Platt

Comment

Very nice job I think I just ordered that one from scroller ltd or very similar to it great job.DukeNukem
              Don't worry be scrolling

Comment

Thanks again everyone.

Gill and Chris - the pattern is a White tails design one - though I got mine through Wooden Teddy Bear.

WTD have another one here that I fancy getting the pattern for - and yes Barry I'd already thought of bloodwood for it .. even if it is a bit pricey ..:-)

http://www.whitetaildesignsltd.com/c...gonclocks.html
                Ian

Comment

Very nice dragon pattern, and an excellent cutting.
                  Keep them coming!
                  Bill

DeWalt 788

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....

Comment

Originally posted by PuzzledMoose
                    WTD have another one here that I fancy getting the pattern for - and yes Barry I'd already thought of bloodwood for it .. even if it is a bit pricey ..:-)
                    Yep, but all that does is increase your profit....
                    ‎"Orphans are easier to ignore before you know their names. They're easier to ignore before you see their faces. It's easier to pretend they're not real before you hold them in your arms. But once you do, everything changes."

D. Platt

Comment

Ian, you've gotten more experience scrolling in the last few months than most people get in years. You are turning out some very excellent work. Either you're retired or you don't need sleep.
                      Mike

Making sawdust with a Dremel 1680.
                      www.picturetrail.com/naturephotos

Comment

Ian
                        This dragon is lovely. I've looked at dragon clocks and will eventually make on for myself. Your work is superb as always.
                        Diane
                        Dragon
                        Owner of a nice 21" Excalibur
                        Owner of a Dewalt 788
                        PuffityDragon on AFSP

Comment

Originally posted by Dragon
                          Ian
                          This dragon is lovely. I've looked at dragon clocks and will eventually make on for myself. Your work is superb as always.
                          Diane
                          Thanks Diane - hey did you see the Jeff Zaffino dragon pattern in the latest copy of the "other" magazine? Now that looks like a challenge! Think I'll practise a bit more with spirals before I attempt that one ..
                          Ian

Comment

I don't get the other magazine.

This magazine offered me a free issue and it gave me the incentive to get a 2 year subscription.
                            The "other" magazine does not have a free issue and therefore I don't know how it is. I cannot find it up where I live. Also the price is double what this one is. I'm sure I am missing out on some nice patterns but I will have to live with it for now.
                            Diane
                            Dragon
                            Owner of a nice 21" Excalibur
                            Owner of a Dewalt 788
                            PuffityDragon on AFSP

Comment

Ian, this is a fantastic cutting. You've been doing a lot of great work!

I agree that if you do this again you should go for exotic lumber. Yeah, bloodwood or how about Chinese elmwood?

Pete

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X