Wanna Play With My Puppies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanna Play With My Puppies?

Just finished this tonight - 2 x 6mm Finnish birch stack cut.

Used 2/0 FD spirals and by the end I was starting to at least get used to them if not actually liking them!

Now all I have to do is try to get the fuzzies off the bottom one without setting fire to the cutting or the basement ..lol
    Attached Files
    Ian

Scrolling with a Dewalt 788

great job. gotta love them doggies. Did you make the pattern as well? It is really sharp

Comment

That looks really good! I just got done with a Marilyn Monroe last night. Not sure I'm ready to try one with that many cuts yet. Nice work.
      Joel

Comment

Originally posted by kyscroller
        great job. gotta love them doggies. Did you make the pattern as well? It is really sharp
        Thanks KY. Wish I could make patterns like that ..lol It's a Jeff Zaffino pattern - one of the ones with a sane number of cuts - only about 245 ..
        Ian

Comment

Ill have to get some of his patterns after I saw for awhile. Right now only three weeks into the saw world. I am starting to learn to make patterns but got a long way to go. As for the sawing right now I have been using the free patterns so I can get some saw time in. Plus I want to get some better wood prior to attempting something of that magnitude.

As usual it is another fine accomplisment by you.

Comment

Nice job makes me want a dog again.
            Rolf
            RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
            Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
            Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
            And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

really nice puppies Ian
              Diane
              Dragon
              Owner of a nice 21" Excalibur
              Owner of a Dewalt 788
              PuffityDragon on AFSP

Comment

Nice puppies. Just have to watch out for the little puddles though.
                Bill

I have an RBI Hawk 220-3 VS

Visit my Gallery
                and website www.billswoodntreasures.com

Comment

Ian, great job on the pups. Just make sure you have a turned on water hose nearby before you torch those fuzzies.
                  Mick, - Delta P-20

A smile is a small curve that straightens everything out.

Comment

Fantastic cutting, looks great. i did that one not to long ago and those big cutts seem to take forever. I am working on Peek a boo right now have you done that one? again excellant cut
                    Rick

Comment

Nice work Ian.

Bob
                      Delta P-20 & Q-3

I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me!

Comment

Thanks everyone - I like the way this one turned out for sure and with only a couple of minor oopses that aren't visible. I was a bit nervous doing one or too of the cuts in it mainly because of the spirals ...
                        Ian

Comment

Great job on those Pups Ian. Had to scrape my first attempt at it, was my first try with Spirals.

Paul S.

Comment

Good job Ian. Tackling a project like that is good way to learn spirals. I wouldn't even think about one of JZ's without a spiral blade.

Earl

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Rolf
                              Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                              by Rolf
                              Back in the late 90's I bought a Incra 2000 Miter gauge. Incredibly precise. The problem was that it only adjusted in one direction, It rarely gets used. It locks in to half degrees. More recently I bought a Kreg fence which has a pin that precisely locates the frequently used angles.
                              That is...
                              Today, 08:15 AM
                            • Jimern
                              Reply to Farmers market "survey"
                              by Jimern
                              The crafters market here in Kerrville, TX is $25 per 10x10 spot per event. We sell 8 months out of the year, Jun/Jul is too hot, and Jan/Feb is too cold. No insurance requirement but we do have to show a sales tax permit and collect sales tax.

Personally I would never sell in a venue that...
                              Today, 06:29 AM
                            • will8989
                              Reply to Farmers market "survey"
                              by will8989
                              The one I do is under a pavilion on County Property, about 60 spaces. They run 4 “seasons”, spring 6 weeks, summer May - mid September, fall sept to Mid November, and holiday fare Mid November until end of year. Cost is $75 per season, per day as they are open Saturday and Sunday. If you are called...
                              Yesterday, 11:10 PM
                            • will8989
                              Reply to Farmers market
                              by will8989
                              Ours are run by the state Ag Dept. They have very strict rules as to masks and distancing. The Ag Dept does come and visit to make sure rules are being followed. We stand behind the table and use the tailgate for packaging. I have people place their credit card in the reader on my phone and remove...
                              Yesterday, 10:31 PM
                            • tgiro01
                              Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                              by tgiro01
                              Linda - Here is my gimmick for the Incra 1000SE on my SS CNS. I scratched a line 3/4-inch in from the blade end of the fence. I then use a ruler to set that line 1-inch from the side of a carbide tooth on the blade. Then I line the 1-inch mark on the fence ruler to the scratch line.

Now,...
                              Yesterday, 09:38 PM
                            Working...
                            X