Turning a portrait into a pattern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turning a portrait into a pattern

I have a picture I'd like to turn into a pattern but don't know exactly what to look for in the finished pattern. I know how to get the picture from color to lines, but the lines I get on my so called finished patter just don't seem to be right. I've attached the before and after pictures for your comment. Any suggestions would be appreciated since I would love to memorialize this photo in wood. Thanks!
    Attached Files
    Mia

We are the music makers.
    We are the dreamers of dreams.

Easy scrollin' with a DW788

Which software are you using ?
    ...~Robert~
    DW788 and Hawk 226

" Please let me grow to be the man my dog thinks I am "

Comment

I'm using Photoshop.
      Mia

We are the music makers.
      We are the dreamers of dreams.

Easy scrollin' with a DW788

Comment

Check out this thread. http://www.scrollsawer.com/forum/sho...ttern+tutorial
        Mike

Making sawdust with a Dremel 1680.
        www.picturetrail.com/naturephotos

Comment

When I did my one and only pattern, I found that I could not play with the darkness/contrast and other shading aspects of the whole picture at once. I suspect this picture might have the same problem.

This will take A LOT of time but if you use layers and isolate the gown, hands, face and collar, card, hair and cap, you can then play with the adjustments to get the right amount of detail for each area.

Again, this takes a lot of time, but I found the results very pleasing.

Best of luck!
          Dan

-Just do'in the best I can every day

Comment

A while back there was an extensive thread on this topic. Gill and others posted links to tutorials, etc. If I can find it, I'll post it here.

I am trying to get the knack of this, too. It isn't easy, IMHO. But I think you've got a good start. The face is quite good for a "first draft."
            Kevin

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. -- Dr. Seuss

NEW DeWalt 788 and that old, Jimmy- Jerry- and Kevin-rigged Delta 40-560

Comment

That thread was "Portraits using PSP9", posted 12/26 in the General Scroll Saw section.
              Kevin

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. -- Dr. Seuss

NEW DeWalt 788 and that old, Jimmy- Jerry- and Kevin-rigged Delta 40-560

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X