• Show
Clear All

• mikewix
    replied
    You did a great job. You should be proud

Leave a comment:

• f250
    replied
    Tim, you've got me laughing just a bit here asking about the plans...

I was handed a partial sketch and asked to build this thing. I looked at the sketch and said, well I guess this is this big and that should be this wide and so on. The plans I guess are all in my head, my wife did most of the work coming up with the gears, I combined her gear with pointers for the clock hands.

Tom

Leave a comment:

• evilbadger
    replied
    Beautiful work Tom. Where did you get the plans I know someone that would enjoy a scaled down version.

Leave a comment:

• DWSudekum
    replied
    Man that clock is quite the project. It looks awesome. You did a great job on that. Thanks for sharing this with us.

DW

Leave a comment:

• Stillwater
    replied
    The man has talent...

Bill

Leave a comment:

• EarltheScroller
    replied
    Amazing job. Hope they can use it for many other ballets.

Leave a comment:

• Jim McDonald
    replied
    Lots of lumber in that and treated with the touch of a caring craftsman.

Leave a comment:

• Wood Dog
    replied
    Wow Tom you did a fantastic job on that project. Looks like it should last for many, many years.

Leave a comment:

• avapilot
    replied
    that is impressive......amazing......

bob

Leave a comment:

• BarryK
    replied
    Great looking clock.

Leave a comment:

• Rolf
    replied
    WOW what an honor and what a project!

Leave a comment:

• Sandy Oaks
    replied
    That sure is massive. Beautiful cutting and a great project.

Leave a comment:

• f250
    started a topic Nutcracker Ballet Grandfather Clock Prop

Nutcracker Ballet Grandfather Clock Prop

I was asked to build the new grandfather clock for the ballet production of the Nutcracker by the Huntsville Ballet Company.

There is a bunch of woodwork involved, it had to be built like a tank to take the abuse from the performances as well as transport with hopes of using it for many years to come.

You'd be surprised at just how much scroll work was done on this clock. All of the curved and round pieces around the face of the clock were done on my scroll saw. I did try with the jig saw, but wasn't able to get a smooth enough curve, at least not smooth enough to make me happy. The "wings" on the sides were also cut on my scroll saw. Obviously you can see the clock hands and all the gears are fretwork.

This thing is a monster standing over 10ft tall and 7ft wide, the clock face is 2ft in diameter.

I've added a picture during construction so you can see just how big this thing is, my beautiful ballet dancer daughter and I are standing in front of the clock.
    Attached Files

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X