Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will8989
    replied
    As a matter of fact Ian, Blackwalnut is one of my favorites to cut and whenever I see an unusual piece of any kind of wood I get it and stack it in my "don't have anything in mind but something will come up stack". And guess what I have? A piece with the white running down one side so the head will be white and the rest will be blackwalnut! Cool, huh? As for the picture, I'm working on it! There's only 24 hours in a day, what do you guys expect?

Betty

Leave a comment:

• Daryl185
    replied
    Originally posted by PuzzledMoose
    Thanks, Daryl - I just have plenty of time right now ..lol How's that major project of yours coming along anyhow?
    I have had a bit of a slow down Ian temps have been down in the mid 30s low 40s with a lot of wind and shop faces the windward side it should warm up in a few more days

Leave a comment:

• wwalker47
    replied
    Great cuttings. Looks great!

-Bill

Leave a comment:

• lucky788scroller
    replied
    they look great, and yes, you would have been nervous and oopsed it for sure! Dale

Leave a comment:

• PuzzledMoose
    replied
    Originally posted by lucky788scroller
    Great stuff! I wish I had the time to cut cut cut!!! Or, are you a super fast cutter, like 20 min a project? They look great! Dale
    Thanks, Dale. No not a super fast cutter - there's probably about 8 hours work in those 3 birds in total - over 300 cuts altogether ..

I was pleased with the results though - especially that Barn Owl. I didn't realise till I'd finished that there's not actually a lot holding the face section onto the rest of it .. I might have worried when I was cutting it if I'd noticed ...lol

Leave a comment:

• lucky788scroller
    replied
    Great stuff! I wish I had the time to cut cut cut!!! Or, are you a super fast cutter, like 20 min a project? They look great! Dale

Leave a comment:

• PuzzledMoose
    replied
    Originally posted by unixpro
    Looks like a good day or two in the shop there, PuzzledMoose. Nice work.

When you attach those to the base, will you be using screws or just glue?
    Thanks for the comments. Probably both, Unix. Was going to do it this evening - until I found I don't have any suitable screws. All the ones I have are either too short, too long or too thick. I think there is some shop law that says "However many types of screw you have you will still not have the one you need for a specific job!"

Leave a comment:

• unixpro
    replied
    Looks like a good day or two in the shop there, PuzzledMoose. Nice work.

When you attach those to the base, will you be using screws or just glue?

Leave a comment:

• Dragon
    replied
    Very nice Ian.
    Diane

Leave a comment:

• PuzzledMoose
    replied
    Originally posted by will8989
    Gee, that middle one looks familiar. Sure it isn't an owl? Very nice work. Among the other items I'm getting ready for my shows, I'm also doing a Bald Eagle. Should be nice when I get it done.

Betty
    LOL - did you get the message I sent you?

Hey - a question about that bald eagle. I've got that pattern too - assuming it's the Fowler's magazine one .. did you find any wood where the head was lighter than the rest? (If that makes sense?) I've been looking around but the only thing I've come across is red W cedar and I'm not sure it will hold up to those fine cuts ..

Leave a comment:

• will8989
    replied
    Gee, that middle one looks familiar. Sure it isn't an owl? Very nice work. Among the other items I'm getting ready for my shows, I'm also doing a Bald Eagle. Should be nice when I get it done.

Betty

Leave a comment:

• Mackem
    replied
    Well scrolled Ian, you should'nt have any problem with sales not with the calibre of your work.

b.t.w Can you send our English Elm home please, i promise to look after it.

Leave a comment:

• Charlie_1
    replied
    Very nice work

Leave a comment:

• PuzzledMoose
    replied
    Originally posted by Gill
    Very impressive, Ian. What are you going to do with all these wonderful pieces?

Gill
    Thanks, Gill. The owls are a present to me ..lol I've always liked owls and got quite a few lurking round the house from my travels..

I'm hoping to sell some stuff a little later in the year though .. well to try at least ..

Leave a comment:

• Gill
    replied
    Very impressive, Ian. What are you going to do with all these wonderful pieces?

Gill

Leave a comment:

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Daddy's scroller
    Reply to Frustrated
    by Daddy's scroller
    I have a craftsman saw. The blade just slips out.
    Yesterday, 07:00 PM
  • Daddy's scroller
    Reply to Frustrated
    by Daddy's scroller
    No. I haven't tried that yet...
    Yesterday, 06:55 PM
  • Chance13
    Reply to Frustrated
    by Chance13
    I put those on my 20" Dewalt a couple years ago. Big improvement from the one Dewalt had....
    Yesterday, 11:08 AM
  • Rolf
    Reply to Frustrated
    by Rolf
    We need to know what saw you are using, as they have different clamps.
    Yesterday, 07:59 AM
  • markdavd
    Reply to Frustrated
    by markdavd
    When a blade slips out, the tendency is to tighten it more. Make sure you haven't over-tightened the clamp forcing the sides apart. Most OEM clamps are made from soft aluminum so once it starts they will continue spreading and it will be near-impossible to keep the blades in place.

I've...
    05-21-2022, 10:03 AM
Working...
X