Hawks and owls revisited ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lucky788scroller
    Great stuff! I wish I had the time to cut cut cut!!! Or, are you a super fast cutter, like 20 min a project? They look great! Dale
    Thanks, Dale. No not a super fast cutter - there's probably about 8 hours work in those 3 birds in total - over 300 cuts altogether ..

I was pleased with the results though - especially that Barn Owl. I didn't realise till I'd finished that there's not actually a lot holding the face section onto the rest of it .. I might have worried when I was cutting it if I'd noticed ...lol
    Ian

Scrolling with a Dewalt 788

Comment

they look great, and yes, you would have been nervous and oopsed it for sure! Dale
      Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Great cuttings. Looks great!

-Bill
        -Bill

My saw is a DeWalt788 Measure twice; cut once; count fingers after cut

Comment

Originally posted by PuzzledMoose
          Thanks, Daryl - I just have plenty of time right now ..lol How's that major project of yours coming along anyhow?
          I have had a bit of a slow down Ian temps have been down in the mid 30s low 40s with a lot of wind and shop faces the windward side it should warm up in a few more days
          Daryl S. Walters Psycotic scroller with a DeWalt 788

Comment

As a matter of fact Ian, Blackwalnut is one of my favorites to cut and whenever I see an unusual piece of any kind of wood I get it and stack it in my "don't have anything in mind but something will come up stack". And guess what I have? A piece with the white running down one side so the head will be white and the rest will be blackwalnut! Cool, huh? As for the picture, I'm working on it! There's only 24 hours in a day, what do you guys expect?

Betty
            Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Daddy's scroller
              Reply to Frustrated
              by Daddy's scroller
              I have a craftsman saw. The blade just slips out.
              Yesterday, 07:00 PM
            • Daddy's scroller
              Reply to Frustrated
              by Daddy's scroller
              No. I haven't tried that yet...
              Yesterday, 06:55 PM
            • Chance13
              Reply to Frustrated
              by Chance13
              I put those on my 20" Dewalt a couple years ago. Big improvement from the one Dewalt had....
              Yesterday, 11:08 AM
            • Rolf
              Reply to Frustrated
              by Rolf
              We need to know what saw you are using, as they have different clamps.
              Yesterday, 07:59 AM
            • markdavd
              Reply to Frustrated
              by markdavd
              When a blade slips out, the tendency is to tighten it more. Make sure you haven't over-tightened the clamp forcing the sides apart. Most OEM clamps are made from soft aluminum so once it starts they will continue spreading and it will be near-impossible to keep the blades in place.

I've...
              05-21-2022, 10:03 AM
            Working...
            X