Hawks and owls revisited ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawks and owls revisited ...

OK a few cuttings from the end of last week ... still need bases but they were easier to photograph flat ...

All half inch wood - the horned owl is English elm, the others the usual oak ..:-)

Cut with FD -SR #1s and 3s
    Attached Files
    Ian

Scrolling with a Dewalt 788

Great job on the pieces Ian AND excellent job orienting the grain to complement the patterns!
    ‎"Orphans are easier to ignore before you know their names. They're easier to ignore before you see their faces. It's easier to pretend they're not real before you hold them in your arms. But once you do, everything changes."

D. Platt

Comment

excellent work Ian, oh and your starting to put some of us to shame (mostly me lol) your just a scrolling fanatic
      Daryl S. Walters Psycotic scroller with a DeWalt 788

Comment

Originally posted by bearfretworks
        Great job on the pieces Ian AND excellent job orienting the grain to complement the patterns!

Thanks - these ones fit on the boards
        Ian

Comment

Originally posted by Daryl185
          excellent work Ian, oh and your starting to put some of us to shame (mostly me lol) your just a scrolling fanatic
          Thanks, Daryl - I just have plenty of time right now ..lol How's that major project of yours coming along anyhow?
          Ian

Comment

Very impressive, Ian. What are you going to do with all these wonderful pieces?

Gill
            There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
            (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

Originally posted by Gill
              Very impressive, Ian. What are you going to do with all these wonderful pieces?

Gill
              Thanks, Gill. The owls are a present to me ..lol I've always liked owls and got quite a few lurking round the house from my travels..

I'm hoping to sell some stuff a little later in the year though .. well to try at least ..
              Ian

Comment

Very nice work
                Charlie
                "Everything Happens for a Reason"
                Craftsman 18in. 21609

http://wolfmooncreations.weebly.com

Comment

Well scrolled Ian, you should'nt have any problem with sales not with the calibre of your work.

b.t.w Can you send our English Elm home please, i promise to look after it.
                  kevin/pitbull.

Comment

Gee, that middle one looks familiar. Sure it isn't an owl? Very nice work. Among the other items I'm getting ready for my shows, I'm also doing a Bald Eagle. Should be nice when I get it done.

Betty
                    Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Originally posted by will8989
                      Gee, that middle one looks familiar. Sure it isn't an owl? Very nice work. Among the other items I'm getting ready for my shows, I'm also doing a Bald Eagle. Should be nice when I get it done.

Betty
                      LOL - did you get the message I sent you?

Hey - a question about that bald eagle. I've got that pattern too - assuming it's the Fowler's magazine one .. did you find any wood where the head was lighter than the rest? (If that makes sense?) I've been looking around but the only thing I've come across is red W cedar and I'm not sure it will hold up to those fine cuts ..
                      Ian

Comment

Very nice Ian.
                        Diane
                        Dragon
                        Owner of a nice 21" Excalibur
                        Owner of a Dewalt 788
                        PuffityDragon on AFSP

Comment

Looks like a good day or two in the shop there, PuzzledMoose. Nice work.

When you attach those to the base, will you be using screws or just glue?

Comment

Originally posted by unixpro
                            Looks like a good day or two in the shop there, PuzzledMoose. Nice work.

When you attach those to the base, will you be using screws or just glue?
                            Thanks for the comments. Probably both, Unix. Was going to do it this evening - until I found I don't have any suitable screws. All the ones I have are either too short, too long or too thick. I think there is some shop law that says "However many types of screw you have you will still not have the one you need for a specific job!"
                            Ian

Comment

Great stuff! I wish I had the time to cut cut cut!!! Or, are you a super fast cutter, like 20 min a project? They look great! Dale
                              Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• NC Scroller
                                Reply to New PC keyboard has an error
                                by NC Scroller
                                Only our riend Jim....😂😂😂
                                Today, 06:24 AM
                              • jim_mex
                                Reply to New tools
                                by jim_mex
                                Hi Rhys - I did finally get the center stand for the bike a couple of weeks back after it was stuck in customs for almost a month. Still have to put it on. The paddock stand will help me do this - Lol!

Of course you are correct in that the center stand does a similar job but the advantage...
                                Yesterday, 11:14 PM
                              • Hobbyhorse
                                Reply to New tools
                                by Hobbyhorse
                                Did you ever get the centre stand for the bike? A paddock stand does the same thing finally, I guess.
                                Yesterday, 11:03 PM
                              • Hobbyhorse
                                Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
                                by Hobbyhorse
                                Brilliant stuff Jim. Congratulations on the layout and the workmanship, but most of all enjoy it.
                                Yesterday, 10:58 PM
                              • KarlB
                                Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
                                by KarlB
                                Very nice Jim. You have a very contemporary look now! Since I do cabinet, Entertainment centers, etc. for my work I see a lot of the same looks being done here in Naples. (i.e. large porcelain tiles, lighted dropped ceiling)

I do like your use of the space in the door way for additional...
                                Yesterday, 09:41 PM
                              Working...
                              X